Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Questions Concerns Comments (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Club website links (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1101)

marty tilford 09-18-2009 08:32 AM

Club website links

I was just going threw the club contact list and looking at the website links. There are quite a few clubs that say they have websites but when you click on it they do not come up. I'm guessing that it has not been updated for a while. Could someone could look into getting this updated?

hagells 09-18-2009 09:17 AM

I think this would be great as well....Frustrating to have non-working links when you are trying to contact another club or just find out more information on a club.
Perhaps each PNW club could post the link to their home page on a forum thread for the webmaster to connect on the site??

Art Waugh 09-18-2009 09:17 AM

Probably going to have to be the clubs contacting the webmaster since he won't have time to chase it all down.

So folks, let him know your current status so he can update the board.

ADragoo 09-18-2009 09:38 AM

The way it is supposed to be working right now:

1. Club sends updates to Membership.
2. Membership updates database.
3. Membership sends database to all officers.
4. Webmaster runs script on database, producing list of club data.
5. Webmaster copies data from script into file on website.
6. Website always displays up-to-date data.

If we had the membership database online (but protected so only officers had access), we could eliminate steps 3-5.
With a little more work to allow clubs to directly update their data in the database, we could also eliminate step 2.

Nichol 09-18-2009 10:33 AM

I think this should be more PROACTIVE than REACTIVE. I just quickly ran through a few of the regions with most of the errors found in Region 4. Who enters the information into this page of the website? Does anyone check it after it's entered? If we want to encourage more membership, let's start with the integrity of information on our own page.

Ceg_ 09-18-2009 11:15 AM

I say link to the Region from the site to each region on the forum and encourage clubs to add their own info under their region. This way clubs could edit any info that needs to be changed. That would make less work for the web master and keep the info as the club wants it.

I have added our club info under our region we are in.

Dogfather 09-19-2009 09:23 AM

Well lets just say I do not know something is Broke unless someone tells me it's not up to date. Like Art Wah told me Region 5 did not have a director so I removed it that was when I found that the region directors web sites were invald. I count on you folks to send me your club updates and info.

Alan I had no idea there was a script to \run I have been updating it manually