Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Camp Fire Chat (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Trail Etiquette ???? (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1179)

Dogfather 10-08-2009 06:44 PM

Trail Etiquette ????

Hey folks I was having a conversation with a young feller the other day and he asked me just what exactly is Trail Etiquette...

Well IMO it's=
Staying on Designated trails,
Packing out more trash than you packed in,
using tree straps when winching,
having respect for others on the trail ((is a broad statement but it consists of little things like watching your mouth when around kids, trying not to spin your tires where debris can be thrown at people, keeping your dog on a leash when trail running, Trying to get your Broke crap off the trail as fast as you can.))

What does it mean to you? How is your thoughts of Trail Etiquette any different than mine?

gunrunner 10-08-2009 07:25 PM

Yield to uphill traffic, 3 trys and get the strap or cable out if rigs are waiting. Do your maintenance at home. Only target blondes with your snow balls.

Ceg_ 10-08-2009 07:45 PM

From our clubs Rules and Trail Etiquette

1. Have food, drinks, cold weather gear, First aid kit, and recovery gear on or in your ORV. A CB radio and Fire extinguisher if you have a rig.
2. Make sure your vehicle is trail worthy and legal.
3. Don't leave the convoy without talking to the Trail Boss.
4. If you donít see the vehicle behind you within a few minutes, stop. Wait until you can see the vehicle again before going on.
5. Stop and wait at intersection for the vehicle behind you so they know which way to turn.
6. Tread Lightly! Stay on roads and trails.
7. Pack it in, Pack it out!
8. Keep your speed down when meeting others on your path and around camps.
9. Drive safe.
10. Respect all the Trail Boss's decisions.
11. Be safe and courteous to others when on All Wheelers Runs or when displaying the club name.

JK kat 10-09-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunrunner (Post 7924)
Yield to uphill traffic, 3 trys and get the strap or cable out if rigs are waiting. Do your maintenance at home. Only target blondes with your snow balls.

And target balding older guys with the ice balls......

If you can help an other, offer. If somebody is doing something wrong, try and point it out to them without getting shot or hurt.

ADragoo 10-09-2009 09:28 AM

Most trail etiquette, like most etiquette in general boils down to one thing - The Golden Rule

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
  • If you don't enjoy seeing other's trash on the trail, don't toss your trash out on the trail or let it blow out of your rig.
  • If you don't like trails getting closed, then don't do things that cause land managers to close tails.
  • If you don't like sitting in camp at 9:30 waiting for someone to get ready when the trip was supposed to leave at 9:00, then be sure you are ready when the trip is supposed to leave.
  • If you don't like sitting in a traffic jam because somebody is fixing their rig in the middle of the trail, then get your rig out of the way as quickly as possible if you break something.

Crawl Mama 10-09-2009 06:00 PM

Everyone had the right answers above:thumbup:And I am glad I am a brunette and not a balding old man:hump:

JeepNirvana 10-09-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK kat (Post 7939)
And target balding older guys with the ice balls......

If you can help an other, offer. If somebody is doing something wrong, try and point it out to them without getting shot or hurt.

:ImaPoser:

:thumbup:

gunrunner 10-11-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawl Mama (Post 7951)
Everyone had the right answers above:thumbup:And I am glad I am a brunette and not a balding old man:hump:

Me too:bounce2:

Peppermint Patti 10-12-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunrunner (Post 7924)

Being that I am a blonde and a usual target for Gunrunner, I think we need to add "Only target men with gray hair with your snow balls!!!!!"

Grumpy 10-12-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peppermint Patti (Post 7988)
Being that I am a blonde and a usual target for Gunrunner, I think we need to add "Only target men with gray hair with your snow balls!!!!!"

:ImaPoser:Guess I'm safe...