Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Questions Concerns Comments (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Wanna, Wanna, Wanna! (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1410)

Merrick Graves 01-10-2010 11:27 AM

Wanna, Wanna, Wanna!

:type: :DHow about this? We have numerous issues before us that do not pertain to wheeling or land issues. Such as Health Care, Job market, Taxes, Guns to mention a few. Yet when these are posted they only fit in the campfire area. Granted these are hot topics around a real campfire or bar, in the office, at club meetings, at the barbershop, or on the jobsite. It just seems that our campfire section is not set up for matters such as these of a more serious nature.

Title it what you may I just feel there is a need for such a section.:D:D

dirk 01-10-2010 11:29 AM

We could call it The Water Cooler

Binder 01-10-2010 12:20 PM

As in non 4x4 related issues? I think a separate section for that would be a good idea so those of us who aren't interested to read it here know where to stay away from....
The rest of you can have fun.:icon_wink:

Art Waugh 01-10-2010 02:08 PM

On IFSJA.org they call it "off-topic" and have a sub-section for political stull.

Merrick Graves 01-10-2010 06:19 PM

What do you think Mr. Mod Man?

jim putman 01-10-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrick Graves (Post 10404)
What do you think Mr. Mod Man?

For such things you need to talk to the admins. As in Ed or Dan. Its beyond my magical powers :D

Merrick Graves 01-10-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim putman (Post 10405)
For such things you need to talk to the admins. As in Ed or Dan. Its beyond my magical powers :D

Whatca think Mr. Admin Man?

WilPower 01-11-2010 03:30 AM

"The water Cooler" sounds good to me!!!!

JeepNirvana 01-11-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrick Graves (Post 10388)
:type: :DHow about this? We have numerous issues before us that do not pertain to wheeling or land issues. Such as Health Care, Job market, Taxes, Guns to mention a few. Yet when these are posted they only fit in the campfire area. Granted these are hot topics around a real campfire or bar, in the office, at club meetings, at the barbershop, or on the jobsite. It just seems that our campfire section is not set up for matters such as these of a more serious nature.

Title it what you may I just feel there is a need for such a section.:D:D

Merrick we talked about that when Angie started her thread on her announcement to run for prez.

We decided that campfire was where everything else goes. I wish we had more traffic in Campfire and maybe we can propose some things at Winter Convention that will increase participation. Especially with the younger folks.
I like your idea but the consensus was that we don't have enough traffic as it is in Campfire chat so for now work on increasing traffic there.
My personal thoughts are that I wish Campfire Chat were allowed to be a bit more ruff and tumble.
Clutter drives me bonkers we resisted breaking regionals onto the main page rather than subforums but Clay needed more room and then he flew the coup.
What do you think about the clutter issue vs your idea?

Big K 01-11-2010 11:15 AM

Dan, I think there's plenty of space throughout the forum for anything that needs to be discussed. Too many subforums just makes a luddite like me cornfused! Ya'll are doin' fine.

:icon_wink: