Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Camp Fire Chat (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Made You Laugh (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1669)

Merrick Graves 04-04-2010 09:20 PM

Made You Laugh

Just go here and enjoy!

iaccocca 04-05-2010 09:54 AM

That is nice, because it is just barely racist.

JeepNirvana 04-05-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iaccocca (Post 12596)
That is nice, because it is just barely racist.

I don't see any racism anywhere in that video.

iaccocca 04-05-2010 11:40 AM

I said barely. It refers to Barack smoking Menthols. Why?

Quote:

Obama did/does, infact, smoke Marlboro Reds. According to the man himself in an interview in the Chicago Tribune, circa 2004, Obama said he smoked "3 to 4 Marlboros a day."
Quote:

Additionally, menthol cigarettes are purchased disproportionately by black smokers, with 80% of black smokers using menthol cigarettes primarily.
It is a racial, if not racist reference.

WHITE TRASH 04-05-2010 04:33 PM

obamanation doesn't smoke menthols, he smokes Marlboro reds. Buuuuut that doesn't make the video one snippet less funny. Racial is not in fact racist when it is back up with known facts.

iaccocca 04-05-2010 04:38 PM

See guys, you are being defended by White Trash on the PNW4WDA forum. Probably rethinking your position, huh.

LOL, by the way.

WHITE TRASH 04-05-2010 05:23 PM

Meh, minorities smoking menthols is like saying fat people like doughnuts. Not racist just facts. Don't judge me because I'm fat and like doughnuts... :icon_lol:

Oh, besides the racial implications what other line would you have used in that part of the song Mr smarty pants Lee? HMMM?? :lurker:

iaccocca 04-05-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE TRASH (Post 12607)
Meh, minorities smoking menthols is like saying fat people like doughnuts. Not racist just facts. Don't judge me because I'm fat and like doughnuts... :icon_lol:

Oh, besides the racial implications what other line would you have used in that part of the song Mr smarty pants Lee? HMMM?? :lurker:

Oh this is great. White Trash and Iaccocca are going to have a civil discussion/ disagreement on PNW4WDA forum. I see nothing but two bannings in our future.
To answer your question, I would insert nothing there in the song because I find it sophomoric, slightly offensive and misleading. Yes, everyone here can probably guess who I voted for, but donít pretend to understand my political leanings. When I say Iím an independent, Iím serious about it. For example, Iím the best armed pacifist any of you know. :lol:

WHITE TRASH 04-05-2010 06:15 PM

Slightly offensive? That parody isn't nearly as offensive as a .gov determined to allow someone else to sit on their hind end using their genitalia as an ATM machine to draw on my bank account... If it was up to me I'd make sure I never have children just so they don't have to be shackled with the debt that has been tripled and added onto their back for them to pay in the future.

I am not independent, I am a constitutionalist. My views don't waver with the political wind at all. :D

iaccocca 04-05-2010 06:31 PM

Touche, what makes you think an independent is not a constitutionalist? By independent I just mean that I am not for or against anything the two major parties are for or against. I'm an educated man and pretty bright. I'll vote and support what is right, not what I'm told to support. Poor souls that are saddled with a party's ideals. Before they think for themselves they have to decide whether to conform or to revolt. As an independent, I just vote for what I believe in. I hate that politics that are decisive and have nothing to do with a forum sneak into the discussion. Yes, politics are a huge concern; land matters, cash for clunkers crap, etc. But why pick fights here or elsewhere about political issues that devide us not unite us in the fights we need to make as a group.
And... "you, sir, are a formidable opponent."