Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Camp Fire Chat (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What not to say in someone's Run Report (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2000)

homey 08-15-2010 08:00 PM

What not to say in someone's Run Report

Edit by JeepNirvana:

Folks,
I'm pruning some stuff out of the Rimrock Roll over thread in Run Reports.
I'm putting it here so you all can discuss it if you like.
Run Reports are an area where will not tolerate an elevated discussion.
It is work to take pictures and share stories.
We want to keep that area free of clutter such as this and try to just appreciate that people take the time to share with us their fun Jeeping Adventures.
Thank you,
Dan

As a disclaimer: I'm pruning all the off topic stuff. I'm not targeting any one post or individual.

Here begins Homeys Post..
it takes plenty of throttle to get up it also.....thought that trail was closed till the road work was done on the 1050 rd???

wood 08-16-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homey (Post 14619)
.thought that trail was closed till the road work was done on the 1050 rd???

:lurker:

Peppermint Patti 08-17-2010 08:29 AM

We were not in the closed area, nor were we anywhere near it. Sid could tell you what trail we were on.

homey 08-17-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peppermint Patti (Post 14652)
We were not in the closed area, nor were we anywhere near it. Sid could tell you what trail we were on.

well actually that is on the temporay road closure. yes you can access it from the top and maybe the forest service could clarify that....glad your friend is ok.

Rockaholic 08-17-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homey (Post 14653)
well actually that is on the temporay road closure. yes you can access it from the top and maybe the forest service could clarify that....glad your friend is ok.

Does that make you feel better if somebody rolls in a closed area? If they are in a closed area then they get what they deserve? WE WERE NOT IN A CLOSED AREA!!! The Forest Service did a good job of mapping and even marking the CLOSED AREA on the ground. You would have to be blind to miss it. I would not come to your great wheeling area to break the rules! That is just not cool and I personally take offence to your remark!! Empty allegations like yours can cause closures just as easily as running off trail!!

homey 08-17-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockaholic (Post 14656)
Does that make you feel better if somebody rolls in a closed area? If they are in a closed area then they get what they deserve? WE WERE NOT IN A CLOSED AREA!!! The Forest Service did a good job of mapping and even marking the CLOSED AREA on the ground. You would have to be blind to miss it. I would not come to your great wheeling area to break the rules! That is just not cool and I personally take offence to your remark!! Empty allegations like yours can cause closures just as easily as running off trail!!

why would i feel better if someone rolled????what i read on nw-wheelers is that trail #638 was closed until the bridges on the 1050 were completed. if i misread that im sorry maybe what was posted on the board was not real descriptive. it doesnt say trail can be accessed from the top. maybe read the post and see if it confusing to you....

zbd74 08-17-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockaholic (Post 14656)

I'm curious what you're emplying by "feeling better" because someone rolled? I'm sure no one wants, anyone to get hurt because of accidents in our hobby, or any other situation? That's just a stupid thought...as for the closure when one reads the memo about the closures, and is familiar w/ the area an easy assumption could be interpreted as to what trails & roads are closed.

I guess I'm confused also as to what remark was made to affend you? That he pointed out that the area could be closed? I assume that after the roll that you folks took the most direct line out (I would) which would of been down (just and assumption)?

Rockaholic 08-17-2010 12:19 PM

I was offended by the assumption that we were wheeling in a closed area! Here are the facts. 1- We had GPS, Trail Maps of the area including the closed areas from the Forest Service. 2- Personal guides that know the area and are responsible PNW members who build trails, not run off trail or in closed areas. 3- I don't want the Forest Service to close this trail because a good friend of mine had a 3 second lapse in driving judgment. 4- This accident was just that an accident. It could be equipment failure, engine stall, or driver error. The good news is Ward is fine and the sheet metal can be replaced. Thanks for your concern about closed areas but NO we didn't even run through the closed area after the roll!!

zbd74 08-17-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave McMains (Post 14661)
Hi Jon
First i would like to say I am glad Ward is ok! Now what are you going to do with the carcass! We looking at a new body? Frame? Wow I was surprised how much the cage pulled away from the dash/body! Have a good one! Dont worry about the drama queens up here, they are just jealous that they were not there to see it themselves!

I don't believe this gentleman was attacked in anyway, as a matter a fact I believe I tried to mediate a situation that was being misconstrued? I believe he understood my explanation?

Now you sir are full of crap posting up accusations that the 'drama queens' would want to be witnesses to a rollover? I've witnessed my share of pain, suffering & deaths in regards to our hobby and wish I were not there.

I really look forward to meeting you sir, on the trail, as you are a real character. You seem to be in a position of authority in the pnw? I see direction this association is going w/ this kind of leadership

homey 08-17-2010 01:39 PM

yeah im a real drama queen.....i asked if that trail was closed and was told ask sid??? then was told "we were no where near any closed area "....how does one know where they were if they dont know what trail they were on??? sorry i asked ?'s. i to am trying to protect our sport. i had a recovery a good friend there 4 yrs ago and i hope know one ever has to go through that!!! that is why i said glad your friend is ok. you have put a smile on my face Dave!!!