Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Evans Creek Trails (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Evans creek search team list (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2162)

jim putman 11-17-2010 11:43 PM

Evans creek search team list

At the Forest services LEOs request I am putting together a contact list (phone tree) for emergency search and rescue type issues. The primary goal here is to create a pool of people that I could contact on short notice to help the FS and sheriffs office search for lost or injured people on the OHV trails and areas. The primary responsibility would be to locate the person in need and direct emergency people to them. People that want to help on this list should have a street legal rig (for running on roads) as well as not having to take the time to load up on a trailer and such. I would not consider this a must be but in the idea that time is of the essence it would seem like a good idea. People on this list should also have a very good knowledge of the OHV trails and connecting roads Also having at least a CB would be mandatory for communication. Again this would be a search and find kind of deal only. We certainly don't want or expect people without proper training performing duties their not trained for. You can discuss openly in this thread but please PM me your contact information and hours that you would be available. Thanks Jim

PS thanks to those that have already replied from the other posts

Mods can we get this stickied ? Thanks

nwjeeperswife 11-18-2010 09:26 AM

Sure, put us on the list.
Ed & Wendy Holnagel

We have a trail and street ready rig, CB and HAM radio equipped.
GPS and moving map equipped as well.

I can pm someone our contact info....who should that be?

JeepNirvana 11-18-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwjeeperswife (Post 15468)
Sure, put us on the list.
Ed & Wendy Holnagel

We have a trail and street ready rig, CB and HAM radio equipped.
GPS and moving map equipped as well.

I can pm someone our contact info....who should that be?

Hey Guys...:wave:

Nichol 11-18-2010 01:36 PM

I have been sending PM's to Jim Putman.

NWJeeper 11-18-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepNirvana (Post 15473)
Hey Guys...:wave:

Hey Dan! How's Tammy and the "kids"? Miss you guys, when ya gonna stop by for a visit? Way to hijack a thread too BTW :) . Will PM any info needed to Jim while we are at it...

JeepNirvana 11-19-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWJeeper (Post 15476)
Hey Dan! How's Tammy and the "kids"? Miss you guys, when ya gonna stop by for a visit? Way to hijack a thread too BTW :) . Will PM any info needed to Jim while we are at it...

Hijack away..

Kids are good, dogs are good, Miss you guys too.

We have to get together sometime.

cmyjeep 11-19-2010 09:25 AM

count me in as well . PM SENT

Merrick Graves 11-20-2010 11:26 PM

Add my name to the list. I come with FS credentials.

uberzuki 12-22-2010 11:11 AM

Jim,

I hesitate to get involved due to a couple of issues...

1) PC4X4 SAR EXISTS!! if they do not want to be knowledgeable about the roads and trail systems that lie within their county then so be it. They have a very picky attitude regarding anyone who encroaches in their territory... also the WAC states that you must have a certain training level to be a part of SAR... i know because i was in PC4x4 and am now in KC4x4 SAR... i think that we would have to be a "resource" to the sherriffs and not a part of the search. We would not have the same coverage as a 4x4 SAR member. we would not be covered under L&I and also any damage sustained (broken axle, driveline, etc...) would not be covered unless you are a part of the 4x4 unit and therefore under the Sherriff's Office and Department of Emergency Management.

2) we do not have a page out system and would be slow to respond in comparason to the pager system equipped PC 4x4 SAr. I think that this would lead to a lot of turn around calls and also the "ohh great here come the jeepers" mentality from the SAR personnel.

At a minimum we should require some kind of formal group training and at least CPR of the members on the list, just to protect ourselves. I know that this may be all for naught but the least we can do is be prepared... I would be willing to try to set something up with PC 4x4 SAR to assist in a training so that we may learn some of the operational methods of the searches. ( yes there is a method to the madness) OR we as the members of an organization that wants to volunteer and has knowledge of the trails and roads we commonly run, join PC 4x4 SAR and help be a part of the "Official" solution.

just my $0.02

Dogfather 12-22-2010 02:45 PM

Hey Uberzuki

Whats your Name?

????? Just curious