Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Racers Edge (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   A familiar rig? (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2495)

dirk 05-31-2011 10:47 AM

A familiar rig?
 
I see a familiar rig in this video...
http://vimeo.com/24250904
Where was the race at?

Video is from the guys at 4 Locked Films!

JeepNirvana 05-31-2011 12:01 PM

Dan Simonson
Jer Simonson
Scott DZ
Dan Rheaume
Micky Simonson
Tammy Rheaume.

Was Great Fun, I'll put some pics up later.

Both Micky and Dan gave the big truck a run for its money..

Binder 05-31-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk (Post 17032)
I see a familiar rig in this video...
http://vimeo.com/24250904
Where was the race at?

Video is from the guys at 4 Locked Films!

The race was in central Oregon. There's another scheduled for two weeks from now during Groundhog rock crawl and another during summer convention. There's yet another scheduled late this summer that I plan to participate. Bryan get your rig ready and join me!:cool:

dirk 05-31-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binder (Post 17034)
The race was in central Oregon. There's another scheduled for two weeks from now during Groundhog rock crawl and another during summer convention. There's yet another scheduled late this summer that I plan to participate. Bryan get your rig ready and join me!:cool:

I am thinking about it, but not sure how well my rig fits the rulebook. I posted a question here:
http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2407
I know you built your own, but I don't have that option.

Thoughts?

Binder 05-31-2011 10:26 PM

I don't know what their tech requirements are either. I know a guy who worked the track last race and I asked him about this and his reply was to just bring my rig down it will pass fine. Sounds kinda lax being it's a new race..

dirk 06-03-2011 11:21 AM

Some video from the BNS Fab crew...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnsfab (Post 881582)
Here is a video from the short course race we did last month in Bend, OR

http://www.vimeo.com/24338834

This is a video I took of the rear axle while suspension testing in Juniper Dunes in Eastern WA

http://www.vimeo.com/24422961


Binder 07-28-2011 07:01 PM

Been some big changes down there. Ownership changed and schedule changes too. I won't be able to make it this year.:icon_sad:

dirk 08-04-2011 11:58 AM

Anyone attending this race in Redmond, Oregon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trophygirl on PNWJeep
Central Oregon Offroad Race Park has taken over for Supertoys Adventures at the Deschutes County fairgrounds in Redmond, OR.

The last race of the season is September 17. We all really want to see racing in the NW stick, but they may cancel the event as early as tomorrow if there is not more interest from competitors. If you think you'd like to take something out there, please contact them. You can start here:
http://pacnore.com/pacnoremain.htm
Classes for UTV / buggy / Jeep / 1450 / up to a Trophy Truck.


JeepNirvana 08-04-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk (Post 17331)
Anyone attending this race in Redmond, Oregon?

Well first time round they charge a healthy entry fee, even charging $50 bucks for a passenger. Promised us they had 45 to 60 rigs committed. What was there? 10? Promised prize money, had zero trophy ceremony. Ran it will ever changing rules. Had to stay at the RV Park and not the venue.
Never paid the prize money even though Russ called me a said he would.
Decent track and certainly nice to race at another venue.

But definitely see why it wont stick.

dirk 08-04-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepNirvana (Post 17332)
Well first time round they charge a healthy entry fee, even charging $50 bucks for a passenger. Promised us they had 45 to 60 rigs committed. What was there? 10? Promised prize money, had zero trophy ceremony. Ran it will ever changing rules. Had to stay at the RV Park and not the venue.
Never paid the prize money even though Russ called me a said he would.
Decent track and certainly nice to race at another venue.

But definitely see why it wont stick.

It sounds like it is being managed by another outfit...is Russ part of the old managment or new?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.