TSF - OPEN Effective 09-12-11
E-mail received from Stephanie Beall yesterday. Please feel free to share this information as necessary.
* * * * *
EFFECTIVE 09.12.2011 at 10:00 AM – the OHV Trails in the Tillamook State Forest (Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Trask, and Diamond Mill) and the Upper Nestucca are OPEN.
The following Regulated Use Restrictions remain in effect:
· All visitors to the forest must carry with them in their vehicle a shovel at least 26” long with an 8” blade and either 1 gallon of water or a 2.5 lb fire extinguisher.
· Campfires are only permitted in the metal fire grates installed by ODF in developed fee campgrounds and day use areas and in signed designated dispersed campsites.
· Smoking is limited to improved roads, developed fee campgrounds, day use areas, and designated dispersed sites or in the closed cab of your vehicle (top & doors on, windows up).
· Fireworks are prohibited.
· Welding, arc torch cutting, and grinding of metal are prohibited.
· Personal chainsaw use is permitted under a waiver. (http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/FIELD/FG/aboutus.shtml )
Thanks to everyone who spread the word about the closure and for helping to keep the Tillamook State Forest safe from wild fires!!
Stephanie A. Beall
Tillamook State Forest
801 Gales Creek Road
Forest Grove, OR 97116
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:13 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.