Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Naches/Manashtash (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Twig meeting (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2629)

jim putman 09-28-2011 06:08 PM

Twig meeting

Hello!

Fall is here and you know what that means……..

It's time for TWIG! (The Naches Trails and Wilderness Interest Group meeting)!

TWIG will be on Tuesday nite, October 4th, at 7PM at the Naches Ranger Station.

(Enter by the back door).

We look forward to sharing this season's accomplishments with you (what we've done so far, that is - we're still working hard)…..

We will also brief you on some new projects that will be occurring in the next year.

See you there.

Sue Ranger

Susan Ranger

District Recreation Planner

Naches District, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest

sranger@fs.fed.us

(509)653-1446

Ceg_ 09-29-2011 01:16 PM

See you there!

Ceg_ 10-06-2011 02:42 PM

My report of the meeting: http://www.easternwashingtonadventur...ights-Oct-2011

Dogfather 10-22-2011 10:14 AM

Are they doing this again in November?

Hey Jim the Meeting you spoke of Nov 1st Can I get an address to GPS?

jim putman 10-22-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogfather (Post 17682)
Are they doing this again in November?

Hey Jim the Meeting you spoke of Nov 1st Can I get an address to GPS?

I was talking about the TWIG meeting on Nov. 1st Heres the addy

Naches Ranger District
Irene Davidson, District Ranger
10237 Highway 12
Naches, WA 98937
(509) 653-1401 (Voice/TTY)
Fax: (509) 653-2638

Dogfather 10-22-2011 10:27 AM

Justin and I are Planning on being there... and I'm asking My Club if anyone else wants to join us... Thanks for the addy

jim putman 01-09-2012 05:54 PM

Hello!

The New Year is upon us and you know what that means?

That’s right it's time for TWIG again! (The Naches Trails and Wilderness Interest Group meeting)!

TWIG will be held on Tuesday night, January 10, 2012 at 7PM at the Naches Ranger Station.

(Enter by the back door).

The focus of the meeting this month will be a mapping exercise to help identify the relative significance, importance, and management priorities for the National Forest System Trails here on the Naches Ranger District. Our plan is to break folks out into smaller working groups and work through the trail system trail by trail. We will also be looking at maintenance needs, difficulties, and priorities, appropriate trail classes, and volunteer and adopt-a-trail opportunities for each trail, as well as any other items of interest or concern.

The goal of this exercise is to improve “our” (users, partners, volunteers, Naches Ranger District, etc) ability to effectively manage the trail system by efficiently applying available resources (allocated funding, grant and partner resources, and volunteer resources) in order to increase the percentage of our trail system that is managed to standard. It is our hope that this process will also prepare members of the TWIG and other interested parties to comment on the upcoming Access and Travel Management Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.

We understand that a number of user group club meetings are also scheduled for this date. We strongly encourage that each interest group sent at least on representative to this important TWIG meeting so that each group is involved in this process and represented.

Jeff will provide copies of the USDA Forest Service National Business Rules for "Trails Managed to Standard," Trial Design Parameters for each trail Type and Class, and the General Guidelines for Trail Class Matrix (General Development Scale) that were handed out and reviewed last meeting.

See you there.

Jeff Leisy

Trails, Wilderness, OHV Coordinator

Naches RD, Wenatchee-Okanagan National Forest

10237 Hwy 12, Naches, WA 98937

(509) 653-1438

Fax (509) 653-2638

Merrick Graves 01-31-2012 04:34 PM

Feb TWIG meeting is Feb 7th, 2012, at 7pm. The address is posted within this thread in numerous places. Hope to see you there!

jim putman 01-31-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrick Graves (Post 18215)
Feb TWIG meeting is Feb 7th, 2012, at 7pm. The address is posted within this thread in numerous places. Hope to see you there!

Planning on being there. Got some decals for me ?

Merrick Graves 01-31-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim putman (Post 18216)
Planning on being there. Got some decals for me ?

Yes, and yes.