ALL Tillamook OHV Trails Closed!
E-mail received from Dave Hiatt today.
* * * * *
FYI All Tillamook OHV trails are now closed as of 0100, Monday, October 1, 2012
From: WALLMARK Jennifer L
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 4:33 PM
To: Tillamook Notifications; ALL TILLAMOOK; ALL TILLAMOOK FOREST CENTER; ALL ASTORIA; ALL COLUMBIA CITY; ALL FOREST GROVE; DALLY Brian L; LUTTRELL Dave B; SEABLE Nathan T
Subject: NW-1 to IFPL 2 and NW-2 & NW-3 to IFPL 3 at 01:00 am Monday 10/1/12
Industrial Fire Precaution Level Zone NW-1 will be going to Level 2 and NW-2 & NW-3 will be going to Level 3 effective 1:00 am, Monday, October 1st. Please distribute this urgent information to all of your operators.
With NW-2 & NW-3 at IFPL 3, the Non-Industrial Chainsaw waiver and the OHV waiver are not applicable. The OHV trails in the Browns Camp (Rogers Basin), Jordan Creek Basin, Diamond Mill OHV, Trask Basin and Nicolai Mountain OHV areas and the trails in the BLM Nestucca Riding Area are CLOSED and will remain closed until further notice. Only the improved, maintained gravel roads in the Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond Mill, and Trask areas remain open for OHV use.
Effective at 1:00 am for NW-1:
LEVEL II - Partial Hootowl:
The following may operate only between the hours of 8 P.M. and 1 P.M. local time:
· power saws except at loading sites;
· cable yarding;
· welding or cutting of metal.
Effective at 1:00 am for NW-2 & NW-3:
LEVEL III - Partial Shutdown:
The following are prohibited except as indicated:
· cable yarding except that gravity operated logging systems employing non-motorized carriages may operate between 8 P.M and 1 P.M. when all blocks and moving lines are suspended 10 feet above the ground except the line between the carriage and the chokers.
· power saws except power saws may be used at loading sites and on tractor/skidder operations between the hours of 8 P.M. and 1 P.M. local time;
In addition, the following are permitted to operate between the hours of 8 P.M. and 1 P.M. local time:
· Tractor, skidder, feller-buncher, forwarder, or shovel logging operations where tractors, skidders, or other equipment with a blade capable of constructing fireline are immediately available to quickly reach and effectively attack a fire start;
· mechanized loading or hauling of any product or material; blasting;
· welding or cutting of metal;
· any other spark emitting operation not specifically mentioned.
Fire watch waiver is still in effect:
IFPL 1 = I hour
IFPL 2 = 2 hours
IFPL 3 = 3 hours
IFPL 4 = Shutdown
Once the official proclamation is prepared, it will be posted here:
Link for current fire weather forecast:
If you are trying to make plans for this weekend - please be advised that ODF is predicting the TSF will remain closed until further notice.
* * * * *
Looking at the forecast for more dry weather and east winds the powers that be have let me know that the Industrial Fire Precaution Level 3 is likely to remain in effect into the weekend keeping the OHV trails closed in the designated riding areas in the Tillamook State Forest and BLM Upper Nestucca. Riding will continue to be permitted on maintained gravel roads in the designated OHV areas.
If the status of the trails changes, Ill let you know as soon as possible.
Thanks for your help in keeping our forest safe from wildfires!
Stephanie A. Beall
Tillamook State Forest
801 Gales Creek Road
Forest Grove, OR 97116
I don't have the "official" communication yet from ODF - but I have heard rumors that TSF trails are back open again...
I will post as soon as I receive the word from ODF.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.