Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Questions Concerns Comments (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Calendar Discussion (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=458)

Arlene Brooks 03-01-2009 09:03 AM

Calendar Discussion

After seeing these terrific pictures - got thinking - what about a future PNW4WDA calendar with the best twleve pictures that have been submitted here by the members - pictures would not have to be current - contains all aspects of four wheeling - with a short caption as to who, where and when.

It could turn into a revenue source and PR tool for the association.

Just a thought - Arlene Brooks, WA, State Director

(Op-p-ps maybe this should have been posted elsewhere - this section for pictures only)

Dave McMains 03-01-2009 02:27 PM

I have wanted that for a long time! I just never found a good program to make the calender with.

Ceg_ 03-01-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave McMains (Post 2462)
I have wanted that for a long time! I just never found a good program to make the calender with.

My wife and I do AWORC calenders for our club with the up-coming events on the dates. We use one picture from the last years monthly annual events for each month. I should have some for free at the AWORC/ORV Trail Watch Swap meet booth next Sunday.

marty tilford 03-01-2009 07:28 PM

If you are looking for a program to do the calanders Ron McDonald (Tri-power editor), has a good one. Region 3 has made calanders in the past and sold them. They turned out very good. We had Ron do all the printing and binding. If this is something that someone wants to do I would highly recommend him.

Dave McMains 03-01-2009 10:36 PM

Ya I was ****ED when you didnt make them again, How am I supposed to keep track of time without your calanders!:icon_lol:

marty tilford 03-02-2009 03:43 PM

Our Region just got burned out doing them. We were not getting enough new pictures to make it happen. I'm excited to see that people are interested in making them again. I think it would be a great to have them made up for the 50th year of the Association.

Dave McMains 03-02-2009 09:57 PM

OH an exellant idea ! Can you guys pull it off?

marty tilford 03-03-2009 09:12 PM

Are you asking me if I would like to take this idea and make it happen? I would have to think about. :headscratch:

OK, I thought about it and if this is something that the members want, I would be willing to take this on. :bounce2:

Let me know if we want this to happen. If we are, I will need all the pictures to be posted and decided upon by the end of July. No exceptions.

Arlene, is this something that we could do under the PR budget?

Dianamal77 03-03-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty tilford (Post 2576)
Are you asking me if I would like to take this idea and make it happen? I would have to think about. :headscratch:

OK, I thought about it and if this is something that the members want, I would be willing to take this on. :bounce2:

Let me know if we want this to happen. If we are, I will need all the pictures to be posted and decided upon by the end of July. No exceptions.

Arlene, is this something that we could do under the PR budget?

Thanks for taking this project on Marty. It's a cool idea. The PR chair for the PNW4WDA is Linda Jessen. She may know about PR budget, or Dave McMains the treasurer. If this project is a go and you need help, let me know, I'd be glad to volunteer.

Dave McMains 03-04-2009 07:03 AM

Marty I will find the money somewhere, do not let that slow you down! We can come up with it from ways and means or PR, the delegation is kind enough to allow me to reallocate as needed! Now do we want to sell them or just make enough for the whole association to recieve one? or? I really liked the ones you guys made and look forward to these "special 50th anniversary " editions!:clap: