Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Land Matters Discussion Area (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Juniper Forest Vault Toilet Scoping Letter (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=719)

Grumpy 06-05-2009 11:10 AM

Juniper Forest Vault Toilet Scoping Letter

Dear Interested Party:
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Spokane District, is preparing an
Environmental Assessment (EA) for a proposal to install vault toilets
within the Juniper Forest Management Area on National System of Public
Lands in Franklin County, WA.

A scoping notice is available on the internet at:
www.blm.gov/or/districts/spokane/plans, or upon request from the Spokane
District Office at (509) 536-1200.

BLM is seeking comments on the proposal until June 30, 2009.

Comments may be sent by email to OR_Spokane_Mail@blm.gov ATTN: Juniper
Dunes Toilets, or by postal mail to Spokane District, 1103 North Fancher
Road, Spokane Valley, Washington 99212-1275.

Be advised that your entire comment including personal identifying
information (address, phone number, or email address) may be made publicly
available.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Cheyne Rossbach
Public Affairs
Contact Representative
BLM Spokane District Office
1103 N Fancher Rd
Spokane Valley, WA 99212
(509) 536-1200

jim putman 06-05-2009 03:22 PM

Why are they planning toilets when there is no legal access ? Or has this changed recently ?

jim putman 06-05-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim putman (Post 4214)
Why are they planning toilets when there is no legal access ? Or has this changed recently ?

Assuming this is juniper dunes or is their another "juniper" area

Art Waugh 06-05-2009 03:51 PM

Press release says Juniper Dunes in the Juniper Forest Management area. Must be for all the non-motorized users. Have not seen anything new on the access issue. If you pull up the scoping document, you will find a map of where they want to locate them

EagleMark 06-05-2009 06:22 PM

They are also closing the dunes in Junt to put in a paved road and parking lot! So I'm assuming the access issue is resolved.

Grumpy 06-05-2009 06:59 PM

The June closure is at Beverly, and, yes, access is still an issue at Juniper. I have today sent comment on this to these nice folks:) I plan on either getting their attention, and something done, or getting banned from their website:thumbup:Someone recently crashed one of their kiosks, and I've voluteered the Putters ample resources to help with that. But, they sure do work slow...

EagleMark 06-05-2009 07:08 PM

Oh I got the two mixed up...

ADragoo 06-05-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim putman (Post 4214)

Read the article "Juniper Dunes getting restroom facilities " from the April 21, 2009 Tri-City Herald at
http://www.tri-cityherald.com/kennew...ry/541276.html

jim putman 06-05-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 4224)
The June closure is at Beverly, and, yes, access is still an issue at Juniper. I have today sent comment on this to these nice folks:) I plan on either getting their attention, and something done, or getting banned from their website:thumbup:Someone recently crashed one of their kiosks, and I've voluteered the Putters ample resources to help with that. But, they sure do work slow...

Thanks Dave I am sure your on top of it :thumbup: It does however seem to be the kind of thing the Govt. would do. Put in a outhouse that they cant drive a truck to to pump out. Maybe the hikers can pack it out:icon_idea:

raspberry 06-05-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim putman (Post 4227)
Thanks Dave I am sure your on top of it :thumbup: It does however seem to be the kind of thing the Govt. would do. Put in a outhouse that they cant drive a truck to to pump out. Maybe the hikers can pack it out:icon_idea:

I think that would be a good job for the "Anti Access People"