Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   Ahtanum State Forest (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Logging Traffic on the Mid Fork stating July 13th, 2009 (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=811)

Ceg_ 07-02-2009 09:52 AM

Logging Traffic on the Mid Fork stating July 13th, 2009

Quote:

Hi Folks:

I wanted to let you know we have sold all three sales in Klickitat Meadows and now have contractors to do the harvest. The plan is to start hauling the week of July 13th and plan on going until the sales are completed or the weather pushes us out. So this means that the road from Tampico to Tree Phones will be very busy with anywhere from 15 to 30 logs truck/chip vans per day Monday through Friday. Depending how the summer goes we may have to do some hauling on Saturday - I’ll keep you posted on whether or not we’ll have to haul on Saturdays or not.

So please help us out get the word out about the heavy truck traffic on the Middle Fork this summer, because I know none of use wants to see anything bad happen. We have posted signs at the Tampico Store and the campgrounds.

If you have any questions send me an email or give me call.

Thanks in advance for help on this,

Ken McNamee
Alpine District Manager
SE Region
509-925-0937
509-899-2883 (cell)
Ken.McNamee@dnr.wa.gov
There is equipment up there already.

emmett lyons 07-02-2009 12:12 PM

i need a job ceg whos loggen and whos grinden ?

Ceg_ 07-02-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmett lyons (Post 4836)
i need a job ceg whos loggen and whos grinden ?

I do not know who is. The DNR had a few companies bidding. You could call the DNR and maybe they would tell you. 509 925-8510

Ceg_ 07-21-2009 09:30 PM

Up-date:
Quote:

Sent: Fri, Jul 17, 2009 7:58 am
Subject: Ahtanum Middle Fork Road and Truck Haul

First let me say Thank You to the folks that help get the word out about the roads, trails & campgrounds closure for the fire in the ASF the last few days. It really helped make the firefighting efforts run more efficient and more importantly a lot safer _ THANK YOU!!!!

As you probably have already heard the road will be open today at noon for the public. Again I want to remind folks about the heavy truck traiffic and encourage folks if they are going to the ASF and traveling up the MF it would be a good idea to have a CB radio and calling out the mile markers. If you hear a truck call out, you should pull over right away and wait for the truck to pass before continuing on your way. If you donít have a CB radio, I would suggest you wait for a truck and follow it. I know no one wants to see anything bad happen, so lets be safe.

Thanks again for all of your help,
Ken McNamee
Alpine District Manager
SE Region
509-925-0937
509-899-2883 (cell)
Ken.McNamee@dnr.wa.gov