Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/index.php)
-   RV Tech (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Cellphone Tech (http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=870)

wcjp 07-26-2009 10:04 PM

Cellphone Tech

This could have gone in a few areas on the board. Just bought a Wilson Electronics cellphone booster. For those on the West side I had zero dead zones between Tacoma and Elbe. Confirmed with friend all known Hwy 7 dead zones. Minimum service on Hwy 7 was 2 bars with the booster. At the Elbe parking lot I had 3 bars on my Verizon cell. Moved the setup to my Jeep. 2 solid bars with occasional 3 bars. I had service 1/3 of the way into the Busywild. Made various calls using Parrot Visor Bluetooth device. Going to test next weekend at Evans Creek. I went with this particular model due to Wilson tech support suggestion. Needed something to work in the tow rig and Jeep.

http://www.beachaudio.com/Wilson/811214-p-132083.html

Nichol 07-27-2009 02:58 PM

Gadget guy! Now, if it could only work at Jim Sprick park.

Merrick Graves 07-27-2009 03:35 PM

A Wilson antenna with no booster is known to work from the Park. I am looking into such a purchase to install at my Nile home. Others have them and report that it indeed does work. USCellaur has been rumored for years to be about to bring cell service to the area.

Ceg_ 07-27-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrick Graves (Post 5416)
A Wilson antenna with no booster is known to work from the Park. I am looking into such a purchase to install at my Nile home. Others have them and report that it indeed does work. USCellaur has been rumored for years to be about to bring cell service to the area.

Drive up on the ridge and US Cellular does work. :)

I have use mine on 1702 below 1720.

Merrick Graves 07-27-2009 04:28 PM

If you stand next to a certain rock in the park and hold your neck just right Verizion works from the park.

Ceg_ 07-27-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrick Graves (Post 5419)
If you stand next to a certain rock in the park and hold your neck just right Verizion works from the park.

You tell people that just to see if they would do it uh? :yelrotflmao:

It was kind of like that at Wiley City Rodeo. You had to put your phone over a 55 gallon drum in the parking area if you had AT&T to get a call out.

Merrick Graves 07-27-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceg_ (Post 5422)
You tell people that just to see if they would do it uh? :yelrotflmao:

It was kind of like that at Wiley City Rodeo. You had to put your phone over a 55 gallon drum in the parking area if you had AT&T to get a call out.

Often times the key fob to my truck will not work as I am walking away from the truck. If I hold the fob to my chin the truck door will lock/unlock. Must be that my empty head reflects the signal.

Ceg_ 07-27-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrick Graves (Post 5429)
Often times the key fob to my truck will not work as I am walking away from the truck. If I hold the fob to my chin the truck door will lock/unlock. Must be that my empty head reflects the signal.

Now that is different. :lol8:

wcjp 07-27-2009 09:34 PM

I saw Logan's wife make a call from the park while standing on a tool box on the trailer. The Wilson combo should give an easy two bars.

Merrick,

Does your new place have high speed internet? One of our members has Verizon service. They had between zero service and one bar in the house. They bought a Verizon repeater that connects to their landline high speed internet. They now have full 4 bars in the house. Also, Wilson sells in home setups that can repeat service upto 6 separate phones in 1-2 rooms.

Merrick Graves 07-27-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wcjp (Post 5432)
I saw Logan's wife make a call from the park while standing on a tool box on the trailer. The Wilson combo should give an easy two bars.

Merrick,

Does your new place have high speed internet? One of our members has Verizon service. They had between zero service and one bar in the house. They bought a Verizon repeater that connects to their landline high speed internet. They now have full 4 bars in the house. Also, Wilson sells in home setups that can repeat service upto 6 separate phones in 1-2 rooms.

Only available via satellite. May change if cell service comes to the area. I have phone service (landline). Will go with satellite when we need to unless things change.