in between the coats of herculiner i put on the floor boards of my XJ i painted the engine with high heat 500 degree paint. i prefer the color of grey just because it is easier to see any leaks that arise.
so after we put the interior back into the XJ, i cut out my first piece with my plasma cutter
but i didnt make some of my corners right and i cought my hose on my clamp and took a bigger slice out of one spot, plus i decided i wanted the diamond tread on the inside of the engine bay so i cut a ew piece. it turned out alot better, here it is fitting in place.
half way welded in and with the two holes drilled in it for the hose fittings for the new heater
fully welded, then after this picture i finished welding the old mounting holes but dont have a pic of that yet.