View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Old Goat

I orginally joined the ranks of the PNW4WDA as a member of the Green River Valley Jeep Club. A club rich in history and well known for their playdays of yesterday. I missed the days of old and joined when a certain club member started to be most active in positive ways for both the PNW4WDA and the wheeling community. I became active with the BOD of the PNW4WDA as Safety and Education Director for a few years. I recently left the GRVJC so I could join a club in Region 4 as I have property in R4 and as well as a summer job.

But first I would like to say I am a member of a Region 1 club, the Wandering Willys Jeep Club. Also a club rich in history. I will have to find our history archive and post it up in due time. The WWJC is the home club of the father of the Trail Jamboree. Because of my involvement with the club and the PNW4WDA I served as Chair of the Jamboree for 6 years after Stan retired. I was married to Kim at the 2006 Jamboree and our love for each other and the area where the Jamboree is held caused us to buy a home in the Nile Region of the Chinook Pass highway. Which brings me to the Region 4 club.

Kim and I are members of the High Country Cruisers. This is a family oriented club in which we have some close friends. We are new members to this club and plan to become more involved in R4 activities. Looking forward to it.

Thanks