View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Pimp of the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick Graves View Post
I am an ORV Ranger with the Naches Ranger District. If you are on your way there and you are 75" with 35psi you are good to go. If you air down and are 76" then you are restricted from running the trail. If the Ranger thought 76" was ok the restriction would of been 76". We do measure rigs.

Find someone with a legal rig and go for a ride with them. Quite frankly there is very little challenge except for the narrow twisty section through the tree's (there is no hillclimb challenge). That section is after the first half of the trail which is nothing other than a drive on a narrow open trail cut into the sidehill.

This is no longer the "Little Rattlesnake" of the old days.

So then Im good to run it so long as I dont air down. Thats kinda weak but I will abide by the rules even though I think there outdated in my opinion.

By the way my rig is on stock TJ axles with 8" rims. the only reason Im at 76" is because I run a 13.5 tire. Some of my friends that are running the same setup except on a 12.5 tire are within the limit so I think this rule is a little B.S.

How did the forrest service come up with this restriction? Did they try to run anything with a wider stance? Or was it just on the opinions of a select few?

To me it seams like the F.S. helped to build a "private" trail for a vast minority. I would say congratulations on reopening a trail but I find that hard to say. At least when the buggy people build a trail its restricted by how your rig is built but all are welcome to try at your own risk, which is how I believe most trails should be built. I mean so long as Im not cutting down trees or causing any trail damage I should be able to run it. Let me run it at my own risk to my personal vehicle damage.

Oh well

See ya on the trail, I'll be the one running it on overinflated tire's, but I will be running it