View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol View Post
yes, my parents generation helped to build "that park" with their 3B high hood which I'm pretty sure died of old age.

the "many of us still have rigs that were built....." is a small minority. As an organization- we suggested 80 inches as that was the popular vote, granted it was a suggestion. Clearly they didn't hear our voice.

As for changing the width rule, a new jeep off of the factory floor is way wider than this. How do we acquire new members if we can't accomodate them?

Yes, the FS needs to modernize and listen to their actual user group. Some might call us........wait for it...... gasp, customers.....There are more 75 inch plus wheelers out there than 72 and less.

Why wont I be using the park in my backyard? I don't "fit" there anymore at 74, neither do the majority of my somewhat conservative width club. Why would I offer to host at the campground and participate in clean ups if I can't wheel there too? I am all for being a good volunteer, but people want the WIFit, or What's In It For Me? I do not visit Evan's alot, but I rarely see hikers, Mtn Bikers etc out there picking up trash.

Evans is not known for being the hardest wheeling in the PNW, but it fills a void for Reiter and takes some load off of Elbe for part of the year.
If the width restriction was 80 inches, this would be less of a big deal.
At this time I have only had one phone conversation with Bob on this matter. We hav'nt even had a meeting with the FS since the region came up with the 80" number. I believe it would be prudent to not jump to conclusions to fast as these proceses take some time to work thru. Shall we say government speed. We will be pushing for the 80" width as this is what was decided by our region.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA