Thanks Art -I had found the decision on the forest service web site. I dont know much about this stuff, but it doesn't look good to me, at least not for class II. Here is the link to the decision.
It's a whole mess of PDF Files that I haven't completely waded through, but basically instead of choosing one of the 4 options on the table, the forest service has decided to implement a modified version of one of the options, (option 3). It almost seems like instead of choosing one of the 4 options they created a new one, can they do that?
- Option 3 would have allowed 326 total miles of OHV use.
- The modified version they have chose now only allows for 146 total miles for OHV use.
- Option 3 would have allowed allowed almost 73 miles of class II trails.
- The modified version they have chose now only allows for 13.7 miles of class II trails.
- Prior to this decision, OHV stickered rigs could travel on over 2400 miles of roads.
- Now they can only travel on 38.5 miles of roads.
Has anyone else read this thing yet? Appreciate any input...