View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 AM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick Graves View Post
In the last few years the Kaner Trail has been hammered. I've been asked if I could coordinate some volunteer groups to work the Naches District Trails as well as continue efforts in the Cle Elum District. In the coming months I will work to assemble a volunteer user group. I'm not sure if it would be better to have an "Adopt A Trail" type program or just ask for help from thruout the user groups.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Merrick...

The Wheelers of Washington Association would like to help out...many of our members use this trail & it would be nice to see some of the bridges fixed. The bridges should be the easiest line across a wet area...not the most challenging obstacle.

What is the easiest way to fix the approach? My first reaction would be to dump a bunch of 6 inch rock into the mud hole & create a stable approach to the bridge. Will the FS purchase some rock & have it delivered close to the work site? I might be able to borrow a 4x4 tractor to help load the rock...also, depending on availability, we might be able to bring over our rock hauling trailer.

Thoughts?