View Single Post
  #18  
Old 09-09-2011, 10:14 PM
scoutguy66 scoutguy66 is offline
Friends
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Yakima WA
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiD View Post
but we still pay 3 times and really not that much if it really goes back into maintaining the trails so that we may continue to utilize them and not get slowly squeezed out of different areas as they seem to be doing in small steps.

There in lies the problem... It would be fine if it went to maintaining the trails but there is only 16% of revenue at best, and that is a stretch, going into trails. The other 84% goes to state parks, places we can't wheel. Thats like using revenue from car tabs to fund bike paths and bus transit... oh wait, I hear they are doing that in some places too.
Reply With Quote