We gotten several questions regarding the upcoming TWIG training session. I hope this will answer most of them….
The next TWIG will be May 1 beginning at 7pm.
Although everyone is welcome, the following is our TARGET AUDIENCE:
· Volunteer Trail Coordinators
· Adopt-A-Trail/Trail Steward Work Party Leaders (Maintenance and Special Project Leaders)
· Volunteer Trail Project Leaders (“Celebrate Trails” Projects)
· Representatives from Clubs/Organizations that plan to do volunteer work on trails but have not adopted any trails at this time
The trail volunteer training workshop will run until about 9pm. Some of the SUBJECTS that will be covered are:
· Volunteer Leadership Training (how to organize & motivate, FS policy regarding safety and volunteers, Tailgate Safety and Job Hazard Analysis, appropriate Personal Protective Equipment)
· How to Record and Report Trail Volunteer Hours/Contributions/Accomplishments
· The Basics of Trail Maintenance - Theory and General Principles
· Trail Condition Survey Process and Reporting
· Trail Maintenance and Project Planning
Have a great rest of your April! See you soon….
Jeff, Sue and Jacquie
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA