View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
Yes the 6 volt batteries are put in series to make 12 volt. The secret to a long life between charging is to pack as much lead in the space allowed. That means a premium battery from a reputable battery outlet, not a Schucks or Parts Plus or some thing like that. We sell Trojan batteries, they are probably the best deep cycle battery on the market today. Why? because all they sell is deep cycle, they dont make any other type of battery. Now solar panels, we also have taken on the sunwize solar line that makes several different panels and has a solar kit especially for R.V.'s. You can go to the sunwize solar web site and they have a chart and calculator to determine what size panels you need. They come in a kit with everything you need to install a panel on your RV, right down to the last nut bolt and washer and no special tool are needed. Solar panels are a great way to keep your batteries topped off but they are a little pricey, but worth every penny in the long run.
Well....I guess I know who to get my next set of batteries from... Now I just need to figure out if these ones are dead....Gotta be at least 10 year old trojans...