View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 08:03 AM
I know John Galt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp1080 View Post
I am considering building a race jeep but dont know the pnw's build specs. I read thru the ones posted on the main site but they are aimed more toward safety and competition rather that rig specs. Is there a rule book I could obtain to learn more? Some of my questions include does it have to be a jeep, any model of jeep? Is there a trackwidth and wheelbase requirement, engine size, transmision, suspension design and travel limits? How about tire design and size? Any help would be appreciated.:cool_shades::cool_shades:

It's pretty much all there in the competition section, but I'll hit the high points...

No specific model/vehicle requirement. 4wd required. No requirements for trackwidth, suspension design/configuration or travel, transmission type/manufacturer, or tire size/manufacturer.

Quote from rules;

B) COMPETITION CLASS

1) Three (3) Short Wheelbase- (4, 6, 8) cyl through 85”

2) One (1) Medium Wheelbase- (4, 6, 8) cyl 86” through 101”

3) One (1) Long Wheelbase- (4, 6, 8) cyl, 102” and over.

4) One (1) Legends Class. Age 45 and older. No wheelbase breakdown and no cylinder breakdown.

There are no engine or transmission restrictions in the primary class

The above outlines the wheelbase & engine classes. Three different engine size classes in short wheelbase, based upon cylinder, not cubic inch. All medium & long wheelbase run together, regardless of engine size.

As you noted, all safety guidelines & requirements are in the competition section of the website.

Yes, it's pretty wide open. Be safe & have fun!
Spanaway Moonshiners Jeep Club
-----------------------------------------------
My opinions may only make sense to me, read at your own risk...