View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 08:38 AM
BOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
Article in last nights Albany paper on the new Forest Supervisor for Willamette. No mention of any OHV experience or leanings, but plenty of comments on birding, kyacking, etc.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/n...orest-sup.html

Springfield, OR – Regional Forester Mary Wagner announced today that Meg Mitchell will be the new Forest Supervisor for the 1.7 million acre Willamette National Forest. “I’m so pleased that Meg will be leading the Willamette into this next decade of forest management” said Wagner. “So many important challenges confront our National Forests as we seek to fulfill our long tradition of service in our communities. Meg brings a strong background in natural resources and communities; I’m confident that Meg’s ethic of service will be a great fit for the Willamette.”

Mitchell comes to the Willamette National Forest with 20 years of service in the agency, most recently as Forest Supervisor on the Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National Forests in Vermont. Mitchell has also worked in Washington, DC for three years and Alaska for nine years. The summers of her youth were spent with the The Nature Conservancy and Colorado State Extension Service. Mitchell has a degree in Landscape Architecture from Colorado State University and a Masters in Forestry from the University of Idaho. “I’m looking forward to serving on the Willamette and being a part of their strong tradition of providing high quality services and sustainable products, managing public lands with future generations in mind. The Willamette is known for its highly motivated employees and strong relationships with the scientific community and other partners. On a personal note, I’m thrilled to be returning to the landscapes of the Pacific Northwest, and am especially looking forward to exploring the Willamette’s world class waters, recreation areas, and Wildernesses.”

Kim Titus will serve as the acting Forest Supervisor until Mitchell arrives in mid-October. Kim currently serves as the Branch Director in Planning, Science and Resource Information for Bureau of Land Management’s Oregon State Office in Portland. For further information, please contact Judith McHugh at 541.225.6305.