Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Your Regional Forums > Region Two
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Region Two Where the Rubber Meets the Trail!

Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Washington State Director

Default width restrictions

Just a reminder that we will be discussing the width issues at Evans creek at the June region meeting. Need to know how wide your rig is (outside of tire to outside of tire) wheelbase and tire size. We will be coming to a consensus on what to present as a recommendation to the FS.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 06-10-2010, 09:53 AM

I was thinking about the old hub to hub measurement. I suppose that they may have been thinking about hard surfaces that cannot not slide or fold around objects. A thought that outside of WHEEL might be a more standardized way of measuring that makes tire pressure irrelevant to try to standardize things, if that's the route that we have to go.

I am 82" outside tire with my IROKs, 80" with the Krawlers.
The IROKs are 39.5x13.50 and the Krawlers are 39x13.
Wheelbase is 106.5"
Old 06-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Friends

Morning!
My club would like to attend the next Forest Service meeting. I was talking to Dean Detweiler at length about the possible restrictions they're considering putting into place, and he suggested we show up.

Where and when is it going to be?

Thanx!
jim
Old 06-15-2010, 11:39 AM

Second tuesday of july is the next schedualed meeting. (7/13/10) Its held at the DNR office at the corner of Farman rd and hwy 410. Please keep in mind that this rule is already on the books (has been since the park was created) Also keep in mind that there has been no statement from the FS that any chages in the status quo are going to change. This entire topic was brought up at the May meeting bya user (member) and we have been discussing it simply to have a more proactive stance (instead of reactive). The room where we have these meetings is small (25) people or so so entire clubs showing up may not work to well. And again this is only at the discussion stage.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Friends

Ahh dang it, Dean mentioned it was the THIRD Thursday, so we were thinking of coming---we already missed it. Our club isn't very big as far as number of people, but if space is limited, one or two of us can come.
We all have Jeeps, with a couple of token yotas and zuk's, but I'm the widest one, I have a full-width dana 60 and 44. There's only one spot at Evans that gives me greif on the 198, and then another on the Sunrise at Elbe. I haven't measured, but I am wider than a standard jeep running dana 30/35.
Dean is building me a high pinion dana 60 front end to go with my 60 rear and already going to narrow it. I was planning on getting the rear narrowed up also, but if there's a restriction that's going to be imposed, I'd definitely want to know what that measurement is so I can narrow it up enough.
I also heard they may impose a tire height restriction (which doesn't make sense to me). Any truth to that?

My club is a bunch of 40+somethings, very responsible wheeling, and very environmentally conscious. Not a bunch of kids out to tear up the trails. We would love to have input and/or be a part of any kind of regulations that may be imposed. Keep me informed, thanx!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:38 PM

Its in July you havent missed it yet. The PNW4WDA region 2 meeting is on the third thursday of each month at the 4 wheel parts store in tacoma. Your more than welcome to come to our meeting as well (consider joining the PNW4WDA) We are also discussing tire hight (size) but again only trying to be proactive in case the issue comes up. And yes haveing one or two members at the FS meetings is the way to go.

Last edited by jim putman; 06-15-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:20 AM
The One that Screws it up

Mr Gibby Let me tell you what I have learned.. since you volunteered me for Region Director.

If you want a Voice in the PNW4WDA, Send a Club Delegate to the meetings and inject your Opinion, Or heck come yourself and inject your Opinion, your voice will be heard. Ask Brian from WOW/PNW4WDA his voice is heard, his Logic is considered.

We Can Not. and Will Not Speak for any Non Member. We can not afford to. The PNW4WDA has worked too hard for two many years to gain the trust and respect of the Members of the Forest service and DNR to Start trying to represent parts of the four wheeling community that we have no control or influence over.

The Non Members of the PNW4WDA that want to make a difference in the wheeling community are the ones that come to the focus group meeting.

Sir I apologize if this seams Harsh but it's the way things are. We really could use some young Blood to get involved, as I have said since Day one of my Tenure as Region 2 Director. If there is anything I can do to help our wheeling community and this Great Organization Please tell me what it is.
DogpoundOffroad
Old 06-18-2010, 09:27 AM

I am a member. I cannot send a club delegate since our club voted not to continue with the PNW4WDA but I continue to join as an individual member.

But I guess I'll shut up again since my MEMBER voice doesn't mean anything unless it's at a meeting, even though I cannot vote on anything.

See ya on the trails.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Has some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
I am a member. I cannot send a club delegate since our club voted not to continue with the PNW4WDA but I continue to join as an individual member.

But I guess I'll shut up again since my MEMBER voice doesn't mean anything unless it's at a meeting, even though I cannot vote on anything.

See ya on the trails.

Isn't there a independant members club just for this purpose?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:21 AM
The One that Screws it up

You know it's funny you say that we have asked all the indipendant Members in Region 2 if they were interested in forming an independant members Club in Region 2 and have not had more that 2 people return with an answer..
DogpoundOffroad