Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > - Wheeling reports and pics pics, pics, pics...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

- Wheeling reports and pics pics, pics, pics... Stories of the trail and race

Old 11-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Default Evans Creek Ranger retrieved

Cascade 4x4s met Scott from Dynatrac at Evans Creek for a winching/safety class. Afterward some us hit the trails. At the Day Use area we ran into a Cherokee and a towed Ford Ranger. The Ranger was driven by a young Army guy. The Ranger driver was at Evans 3wks ago driving alone. His arm was out the window when the truck lurched forward breaking his left arm. Some ATV drivers came upon him 5minutes later. They took him all the way to Madigan for medical care. His Cherokee friend returned him to Evans today for the truck. He dented the driver door 3wks ago. The window wouldn't roll down. Someone took a screwdriver to the ignition. It melted some of the electrical connections in the ignition. It also drained the battery to zero. My wife helped winch him onto my trailer. Wife then drove the Jeep home while I towed him to North Fort Lewis (JBLM).

He's had his license for one year. The 86' Ford Ranger is his first vehicle. On the way home we discussed never wheeling alone, proper tow points and armor.

06' CTD
Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 AM
AMSOIL DEALER

Good job at helping someone who sounds like he needed it.

North East Oregon 4 Wheelers, PR officer

MEMBER OF: blue ribbon coalition, tread lightly,
Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Has some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcjp View Post
On the way home we discussed never wheeling alone, proper tow points and armor.
And keeping your hands and arms inside the ride at all times?
Good for you guys for helping the kid out.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:06 AM
rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcjp View Post
Cascade 4x4s met Scott from Dynatrac at Evans Creek for a winching/safety class. Afterward some us hit the trails. At the Day Use area we ran into a Cherokee and a towed Ford Ranger. The Ranger was driven by a young Army guy. The Ranger driver was at Evans 3wks ago driving alone. His arm was out the window when the truck lurched forward breaking his left arm. Some ATV drivers came upon him 5minutes later. They took him all the way to Madigan for medical care. His Cherokee friend returned him to Evans today for the truck. He dented the driver door 3wks ago. The window wouldn't roll down. Someone took a screwdriver to the ignition. It melted some of the electrical connections in the ignition. It also drained the battery to zero. My wife helped winch him onto my trailer. Wife then drove the Jeep home while I towed him to North Fort Lewis (JBLM).

He's had his license for one year. The 86' Ford Ranger is his first vehicle. On the way home we discussed never wheeling alone, proper tow points and armor.
We also discussed having a map irtDOG:
Glad Tara got to use some of her newly acquired skills from the Winch Clinic!