Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 07-01-2009, 09:13 PM
BOD

Default Campground Temporary closure in the Ahtanum

Got this from Ken McNamee today and just passing it along.
Sande Nettnin, Region 4
Secretary/Treasurer

Hi Folks:

I have had a few of you either call or email me about the status of the campgrounds in the Ahtanum State Forest (ASF).

This is what I know:

Two campgrounds will be closed temporarily in the Ahtanum – Ahtanum Meadows and Snow Cabin. What temporary means is that these two campgrounds will remain closed until the funding can be restored. All other campgrounds in the Ahtanum will remain open, but will more than likely have reduced services and the DNR will probably be looking for more support from volunteers to help keep these open. Hopefully, we won’t take anymore hits, but we’ll have to wait and see what happens in the next few months with the budget.

Winter recreation will take some reductions, but we are still in the process of evaluating what the impacts will be. There will probably be fewer opportunities to interact with the clubs/user groups (travel to meetings, meeting, newsletters, enforcement, etc). Again we’ll have to wait and see how the budget shakes out over the next few months.

That’s the best I can do for now, when I get a better idea on the budget picture I’ll let you.

If you hear anything else or have questions be sure to email or call me or Mike Williams (SE Recreation Program Manager) and we’ll do the best we can to help you out.

Ken McNamee

Alpine District Manager

SE Region

509-925-0937

509-899-2883 (cell)

Ken.McNamee@dnr.wa.gov