Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Oregon State Director

Default Sled Springs OHV Trail System

Warrpath 4X4, Grumpy, Dustdriver (other PNW members living in far eastern Oregon) I was wondering what you all know about the Sled Springs OHV Trails System. Per the final Decision Notice it sounded like an ok decision (except for all the closures) it would have netted Class II users a trail system of about 80 miles on old roads. However the decision is being appealed by the greenies. Are any of you involved with the Forest Service in the Wallowa Valley Ranger District particularly the District Ranger Ken Gebhardt. This Final Decision is a great start but I need help in formatting a letter to the District Ranger. If someone knows this area at all please post up so as at least we can send a letter in support of OHV's. In many cases without public support the Ranger will just give in to the greenies. The fact a lawsuit has been filed apparently says loudly; the Ranger is not caving easily. It is our hope a letter of support to Ken Gebhard will aid in his decision not to cave to the greenies strong arm tactics. The e-mail site address is verrrrry long but the easy way to get on site to view the decision is to search for Sled Springs OHV and then click onto Planning and decision of Sled Springs OHV area. I hope one of you can help either by writing, calling or stopping by Ken Gebhardt office in order for information in order to support him. Randy