Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
WOW! That is fantastic...Mona, may I add that to our thread on this subject on the Putters' site?
(i just wanted to hear it again) lol

April 7, 2010
Planning on a new Planning Rule:

Yesterdays roundtable found me sitting at a table named Plans could foster sustainable NFS lands and their contribution to vibrant rural economies. I chose that table topic as the topic, Plans could address recreation and enjoyment of NFS lands was very full. I was encouraged by the presence of three PNW members presence at the recreation table. Actually since I am a member of the South East Oregon Resource Advisory Council representing Off Highway Vehicle Commercial I assumed I was right where I belonged.

I have spent the last week studying the information sent by the US National Forest Service as to the topic and agendas of the “roundtables”. I had made an outline of their web site and addressed each issue as I gleaned through it. I had bounced my summation off of several knowledgeable peers. All seemed ready to go. I could almost feel prepared.

The opening of the events yesterday went just as I had expected. Except during the power point presentation the same one I had observed over my lap top at home one item one point seemed to pop out at me;

Time for change:
*previous rule making efforts have faced legal challenges.

This was music to my otherwise over taxed ears and brain.

I am sure Arlene and Randell our fearless Respective State Executives will give us a report and I do not want to blur their message. But I do want to reiterate; my message to the USFS, “Coming through the recent lengthy Travel Management Plans I am here today because litigation put a stop to any good thing the TMP had offered”. “Litigation thrown in by members of teams of users who collaborated for months and years, sat at roundtables and gave their input sued against their own time spent because a few miles of class II trails were included in the TMP.”

After the meeting Arlene asked me if I had influenced my table. She embarrassed me by her thoughtful question I told her I sometimes feel I am speaking and they are not listening. As I ran over the day’s events attempting to sleep I remembered two ah ha moments, frozen in my memory bank of USFS faces as I shared my thoughts of litigation ruining years of mitigation by teams of “users”. The faces of the gals were ah ha, smile, someone knows my pain. I took from their smiles they too are tired of working and having their time and efforts stolen by anti-access groups who will not bend and feel no remorse at throwing monies and legal actions at the public’s right to access their own public lands.

Please access the blog set up by the USFS and tell them if you were forming a Plan to Rule the forest it would include, then address: YOUR IDEAS___________________.

more info:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/pdx/planning-rule.shtml

Deschutes County 4 Wheeler
(Trails Development Committee)
Harney County High Desert Wheeler
Region 6 PNW4WDA Secretary
South East Oregon Resource Advisory Council

Last edited by just duckie; 04-07-2010 at 08:00 AM.