Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 04-02-2010, 04:03 PM
<----Busy Wild

Alright, Nichol thank you so much.

You make me proud to know you and proud to be a fellow member of the PNW. We're back fiddling with the controls and getting everything in order...

We got a smidge off track folks so here is the initial question posed by me to Angie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNirvana View Post

It is my honor to introduce Angie Marek to the biography thread.

Angie, if you would, please tell me a bit about yourself. The who, what, when, where, why and how stuff. Where did your sentient thoughts begin?

Please take your time, and elaborate where you feel appropriate.

I would ask our viewers to hold your questions for now. We will open it up later in the interview to questions for Angie from the folks.

Take it away Angie..

And Here is Angies response....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroadangie View Post
Well, here we go... As you know my name is Angie Marek and I am proud to be the newest president of our great Association. What you may not know is I grew up in the PNW4WDA as an Evergreen Conestoga Jeep Club member. My parents Dale & Sandy Mckee are still members and my mom led the way to getting me involved in the workings of the Association. I first held the position of PR for Region II and later served as both its Vice Director and then Director for several years. I met my husband Dan at the races and have been married for 28 years. Both of our children, Cassie age 26 and Brandon age 25 grew up in the PNW. They attended their first race at one week old and loved to race and go 4 wheeling in the woods. When I married Dan I became a Spanaway Moonshiner and am still proudly a member. My club is very active and supports the efforts and goals of the PNW4WDA.

I look forward to representing you and to answering your questions..

Bring it on!!!

Nichol will now finnish up the interview with Angie.

Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 04-02-2010, 04:47 PM
rollin

Alright Angie.....Congratulations on your new role as President of the PNW. Inquiring minds would like to know more about you. What made you consider taking on this position? What drives you do to what you do for our organization and where do you see us 10 years down the road from now?

And then for some fun facts: Some of us have seen you race: I am wondering if the people you work with on a daily basis know what you do for your weekend hobby and if so, what do they think? Is there a specific race that you can tell us about that sticks out in your mind as a good memory? Did you win, did you lose? Who did you race? I ask because I think there are some great women drivers in the PNW series, do any stick out in your mind that you admire and why?

We look forward to hearing from you.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Washington State Director

How about when you went wheeling when you were what 9 months pregnant
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 04-02-2010, 10:24 PM
PNW President

First, why I wanted to be president... I have wanted to run for office for well over 12 years but first I wanted to get both our kids through school. As it ended up they both have graduated college, Cassie from Eastern WA Univ and Brandon from WSU. Now just seemed like the right time and both my family and my club were behind me 110%. I love this Association and have enjoyed growing up in it and raising our kids in it. In the past 50 years we have helped to provide and preserve many 4 wheeling opportunities for our members. I see us continuing the fight both on the ground and through the internet.
I love to 4 wheel but my passion is racing. There is that rush you get over and over! Growing up there were a couple of racers I admired and wanted so much to compete with, one was Betty Jolly and the other was Tootie Trummert. If my time could be anywhere close to them I was estatic. The thing is whether you trophy or not isn't the point, it's having fun and doing the best you can. This is such a family organization and I don't mean biologicly speaking. We all watch out and take care of each other.

For Jim's question... yes I remember being very pregnent and 4 wheeling. Do you also remember the Region II PR roller skating party at Tiffany's in Puyallup when I was 8 months along? That was quite a sight!

Next question????
Old 04-05-2010, 06:59 AM
rollin

Thanks for your quick response and great answers. You didn't tell us what your coworkers or friends thought about your interesting hobbie.

A few more for thought:

Outside of racing and your involvement in PNW4WDA; what other things do you do for fun?

Tell us about your last vacation if you were lucky enough to have one. Also some pictures would be great. Please include any of your race rig, family and friends.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:41 PM
PNW President

Hmmm.... my co-workers. I have got several of them to come and watch a race over the years and they always can't believe it. Especially if it is a muddy one, they have a hard time associating my work life with my fun life. I have had the opprtunity to take a few of them for a ride and they love it. Other hobbies include Mariners, football both college and pro, playing cards with friends and whatever might come our way. We have property in Shelton and love to go there when we have a free night. Right now we have been preparing for our daughters wedding in August. We love our future son-in-law and are looking forward to the festivites. We also like to go to Yuma, AZ although we didn't make it this spring but will probably go in the fall. Before the wedding in August we are going to Jamaica in June. We have been planning this trip with friends for about three years. There are 36 of us going and our best friends daughter is going to get married while we are there. I was a travel agent for many years and love to travel anywhere. Next question....
Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 AM
rollin

Alright Angie, here is your last question. After this you will get to decide who you would like to interview next.

I like and buy into your idea "we need to build a bridge between the web wheelers and for lack of a better word, old timers"- How do you, as a newly elected PNW4WDA President, plan to implement this?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 AM
PNW President

I feel we need to embrace new technology and ideas while respecting and using established practices. The fact is we would have no place to recreate if it weren’t for those members who have worked and continue to work building and maintaining not only trails and OHV areas but relationships with the agencies who govern them. We cannot continue to grow and prosper if we do not include new generations and ideas. At the Washington State Meeting in January 2010 there was some wonderful discussion between the different groups. I want to keep that momentum going and keep working to strengthen our Association. As I have said in the past, I love to hear your ideas and concerns. Feel free to email me at president@pnw4wda.org . Hope everyone has a great summer and have fun 4 Wheeling!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:01 PM
rollin

Thanks Angie!

that wasn't an easy question. I thought your series was great!

At this time, does anyone have any questions for Angie?
Old 04-20-2010, 04:45 PM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol View Post
Thanks Angie!

that wasn't an easy question. I thought your series was great!

At this time, does anyone have any questions for Angie?
Folks when asking Angie questions please remember this is a biography thread.

Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin