Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 04-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Peak Putters President

Default Bald is beautiful for bright lights

Here is a challenge to all of the other clubs of the PNW4WDA for a super great cause. Are you familiar with Operation Light Saber? We all spend enough money on our junk that you probably get Off-Road Adventures magazine. It is the advertising arm of 4 Wheel Parts and they have a program where they raise money to send off road lights to our troops in harms way so that they can identify IEDs before they become an issue. My club is having a fund raiser to raise money for this cause and I'd sure like to get to $300, because the magazine editor has offered to pony up an addition $100 to the cause if we do. Please consider a donation to the cause sent to the Peak Putters by May 5th, or better yet, take on this challenge in each of your clubs.

I do ask that the money goes to our treasurer, Sveta, or to myself (I will give it to Sveta), any checks made out to Peak Putters with a memo for Operation Light Sabre, so that the donation comes as a gift from the Peak Putters to Operation Light Sabre.

Please check out the link and read the letters from our troops. Can you imagine if our effort brought just one soldier safely home to their spouse and family?

www.4wheelparts.com/bravo

Checks to: Peak Putters of TriCities
Address: 1211 W 30TH AVE
KENNEWICK, WA 99337
Please memo... Operation Light Saber or OLS
(but, any checks sent to this address in the near term I will assume are for OLS.)
Old 04-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Old Goat

Thumbs up

I have a son in law over there. He is with a striker unit.

$10.00 is coming your way. I"ll get the check in the mail today!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Peak Putters President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick Graves View Post
I have a son in law over there. He is with a striker unit.

$10.00 is coming your way. I"ll get the check in the mail today!
Thanks for stepping up Merrick. Your donation was added to the pile on the floor at last nights meeting that made it possible for the club to give me a reverse mohawk in preparation for a proper shaving tonight.
I'm sure there are members of this forum that would have loved to wield the electric razor on my head, but trust me, Steve R. did as horrible job as is possible. I do not have a proper total yet, but it appears that we raised well north of $400.
I hope another PNW4WDA club takes up this challenge. If a club or individual raises $300 or more with this balding silliness Off Road Adventures Magazine will add $100 to the total and Operation Light Saber doubles it and handles shipping to get much needed off road lights to our troops. A good friend of mine on the East Coast saw the story on Facebook and is now challenging his friends to top the Peak Putters.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Old Goat

Lightbulb

I'll get back to you with an "Idea". Have to talk it over with someone this afternoon.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:50 PM

Lee,

You will be happy to know that it looks worse on film than it did in person last night.

Nice job giving up your hair for the troops.

Tri City Peakputter member
Forest Watch Volunteer
Region 4 PNW4WDA Member
Old 05-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Peak Putters President

Thanks Dave. I'm glad to have gotten rid of the rest of it tonight.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Peak Putters President

Merrick,
You will be pleased to know that I got the Peak Putters' check off to Operation Light Sabre and, including your contribution, we sent $560.
So are there any other clubs in the PNW4WDA willing to step up to the challenge of besting the Peak Putters and their friends? This is a great cause giving important help to our troops. If any of your clubs think they can beat the Peak Putters you can expect a ten-spot from me to help you in your attempt.
Thanks to everyone that contributed to the Peak Putters efforts for this fund raiser,

Lee
Old 05-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Old Goat

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaccocca View Post
Merrick,
You will be pleased to know that I got the Peak Putters' check off to Operation Light Sabre and, including your contribution, we sent $560.
So are there any other clubs in the PNW4WDA willing to step up to the challenge of besting the Peak Putters and their friends? This is a great cause giving important help to our troops. If any of your clubs think they can beat the Peak Putters you can expect a ten-spot from me to help you in your attempt.
Thanks to everyone that contributed to the Peak Putters efforts for this fund raiser,

Lee
Each year the PNW4WDA Trail Jamboree holds a raffle for Friday nite Doorprizes. Since the program start of Friday nite raffles (6 years running) the TJ has donated almost $24,000 to different orgs. I have had discussions with Sid and Kelda and the thought is that this year the TJ will donate funds from our Friday Nite efforts.

Just so you understand the program better. Here's how it runs.

The Tj accepts doorprizes from numerous clubs that attend the TJ. Regions also step up and donate dollars that we purchase doorprizes with. Also our vendors and sponsors donate doorprizes. After the TJ starts we announce the charity we will be making a donation to after the conclusion of the Jamboree. We then start selling and hawking tickets for the drawing. Sometimes we can get club challenges going. We also sell tickets for a 50/50 drawing. Firday nite comes along and after the driver's meeting we hold the drawings. Everyone has a goodtime and hopefully wins something. By the time our program rolls around on Saturday nite we have final numbers to anounce. And like I said we have done pretty well with this program

Lee, if you would could you please contact me. We can discuss this further. I've sent you contact info via a pm.

Also as a bit of a side note I can discuss this at the Region 1 meeting tonite and start a club challenge.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Peak Putters President

Email sent.

Thanks Merrick
Old 05-19-2010, 06:00 PM

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing