Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > - Wheeling reports and pics pics, pics, pics...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

- Wheeling reports and pics pics, pics, pics... Stories of the trail and race

Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Friends

Did you guys get a permit to be on the closed Naches trail? Or did you just come up to the pass from the east side but you also disscribed the west entrance?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiclone View Post
Did you guys get a permit to be on the closed Naches trail? Or did you just come up to the pass from the east side but you also disscribed the west entrance?
Yes, my understanding is that the Jamboree gets permission from the two respective ranger districts to run the Naches trail early. Some of the groups ran the west side and that permission came in only days before the trailjam...
Old 07-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Friends

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol View Post
Here are some of mine.....

Rimrock with the El Dorado Dust Devils.

Some quick welding in camp

and...a creative way to remove snow when you are high centered.

I have a few more
Hey, we were with you on that Rimrock w/ the Dust Devils on Friday...

Any chance you (or anyone else) has contact info for the guy in the Silver YJ on 35's on 15x10" black rockcrawler wheels with the big fat nerf bars that let me use his 35" MTR when my 2nd one got torn?

He took down my name, address, and email and was supposed to contact me midweek because he was going to the Woodburn Drags and was gonna pick up his wheel from me... I haven't heard from him today & would like to figure out how to contact him to get his wheel back to him. Silly me, I didn't take his info down.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiclone View Post
Here is the email generated from my phone conversation with Bob. It should be noted that the Trail Jamboree as well as the PNW4WDA Naches Land manager Dave Bauman (who does most of the work) works to ready this trail for the official opening. The opening of the trail depends on trail conditions as viewed by Bob. In years past because of snow the Trail Jamboree has been denied use of the trail. We will continue to work with the FS on this and other matters. Please note the message in Bob's email. We need help and would like to ally you to get the message out.

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "Karen S Lindhorst"
Sent: Tuesday, July 6, 2010 5:34:03 PM
Subject: Re: PNW 4 Wheel event

Hi Karen.
I did speak with Merrick Graves this morning and notified him that the Naches west side will be ok for the jamboree on the 7th. I also mentioned the fact there was damage to the trail from users disregarding the Nov 15 to July 15th closure. The trail would have been in great shape except for the fact that several holes and drainage issues were created from use during the closure and wet conditions. Merrick agreed and completely understood the delemma. This seems to be a broken record every year and I am getting frustrated to the point that next year I may not open it for the jamboree if there is damage from users disregarding the closure. I know this likely is not folks in the jamboree but they can circulate this message through the grapevine quickly and hopefully educate the renegades that are causing the damage.

Bob Pacific
Recreation Operations:
Trails Coordinator/Enumclaw
Evans Creek Off Road Vehicle Area
Summit at Snoqualmie Ski Administration
Grants and Agreements
Recreation Residence Administration
Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Friends

Nevermind, he just called me! Good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Hey, we were with you on that Rimrock w/ the Dust Devils on Friday...

Any chance you (or anyone else) has contact info for the guy in the Silver YJ on 35's on 15x10" black rockcrawler wheels with the big fat nerf bars that let me use his 35" MTR when my 2nd one got torn?

He took down my name, address, and email and was supposed to contact me midweek because he was going to the Woodburn Drags and was gonna pick up his wheel from me... I haven't heard from him today & would like to figure out how to contact him to get his wheel back to him. Silly me, I didn't take his info down.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Friends

Thanks for the replys. I guess since I got my Jeep 3 years ago the run didn't get permission as I hadn't heard of you guys running it. I have been noticing the trail was being used since June while passing the FR 7065 trailhead as I've been using the bypass roads to get to FR7080. They've also broke off the posts that blocks the meadow near the top of FR70. I think the snowmobilers did it to get into it as I didn't see tire tracks into it as of 2 weeks ago. I notified the rangers of this at the target shooters cleanup last weekend. They plan on fixing things as funds become available. I always have my camera ready to catch those doing illegal things.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:40 PM
rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Nevermind, he just called me! Good deal.
this was you.....
during and then after?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20100709_823.jpg (144.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20100709_826.jpg (140.8 KB, 1 views)