Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Washington Trails Green and Wet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Ceg_'s Avatar
Ceg_ Ceg_ is offline
ForestWatchVP.org
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Selah, Washington
Posts: 1,719
Default 4W696 Mud Springs Trail?

I am look for info on 4W696 Mud Springs Trail above the Nile Valley.

How hard is the 4W696 trail?
How tight is the 4W696 trail?
How is it running 4W696 in late June?

Does anyone have pictures of the trail they can post to share?
__________________
Clay Graham
PNW4WDA Region 4 Public Relations
PNW4WDA Beverly Dunes Coordinator



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Merrick Graves's Avatar
Merrick Graves Merrick Graves is offline
Old Goat
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Naches
Posts: 563
Default

See the Cloversprings thread. The trail connects Mudsprings to Cloversprings. And vice versa.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Ceg_'s Avatar
Ceg_ Ceg_ is offline
ForestWatchVP.org
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Selah, Washington
Posts: 1,719
Default

We would like to start off of FS1601 and go up for there. Any thing we should know?
__________________
Clay Graham
PNW4WDA Region 4 Public Relations
PNW4WDA Beverly Dunes Coordinator



Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Merrick Graves's Avatar
Merrick Graves Merrick Graves is offline
Old Goat
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Naches
Posts: 563
Default

1601 will take you to the low start spot. 1613 midway, 1611 middle. 1601 to the start of the trail only instead take a left (trail starts on hairpin turn to right). There is about a 1/2 mile or so of trail below what most believe is the start. In the days of old the trail started from the Nile Road but is now private property (closed). You can horse , hike or bike it though. It's posted no motorized.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Ceg_'s Avatar
Ceg_ Ceg_ is offline
ForestWatchVP.org
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Selah, Washington
Posts: 1,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick Graves View Post
1601 will take you to the low start spot. 1613 midway, 1611 middle. 1601 to the start of the trail only instead take a left (trail starts on hairpin turn to right). There is about a 1/2 mile or so of trail below what most believe is the start. In the days of old the trail started from the Nile Road but is now private property (closed). You can horse , hike or bike it though. It's posted no motorized.
We are thinking of starting at 1601 and taking one of those back out.

Thanks for the info.
__________________
Clay Graham
PNW4WDA Region 4 Public Relations
PNW4WDA Beverly Dunes Coordinator



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Merrick Graves's Avatar
Merrick Graves Merrick Graves is offline
Old Goat
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Naches
Posts: 563
Default

Follow the trail to Clover springs. Backtrack to the Glass creek trail (less that 1/2 mile). Take Glass creek down you will come out on the 1605 road which connects with the 1600 which takes you out. If you take the 1601 in the 1600 joins it at a Y at the bottom. Big loop.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Ceg_'s Avatar
Ceg_ Ceg_ is offline
ForestWatchVP.org
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Selah, Washington
Posts: 1,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick Graves View Post
Follow the trail to Clover springs. Backtrack to the Glass creek trail (less that 1/2 mile). Take Glass creek down you will come out on the 1605 road which connects with the 1600 which takes you out. If you take the 1601 in the 1600 joins it at a Y at the bottom. Big loop.
Sounds like a plan. We will give it a try. Thanks.
__________________
Clay Graham
PNW4WDA Region 4 Public Relations
PNW4WDA Beverly Dunes Coordinator



Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-28-2009, 11:27 PM
zukkev's Avatar
zukkev zukkev is offline
Dirt Napper....
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bellingham
Posts: 459
Default

I usually run this trail at least once if I'm over in Sep for early Elk season; My hunting ride is an 89 XJ Laredo w/ 3" lift and 31" BFG Muds, open/open stock 3:54 gears...I enjoy the trail/some awesome views up near the top...
__________________
Dirt-Nappin' at its finest!!!
www.rrr4x4.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Ceg_'s Avatar
Ceg_ Ceg_ is offline
ForestWatchVP.org
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Selah, Washington
Posts: 1,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukkev View Post
I usually run this trail at least once if I'm over in Sep for early Elk season; My hunting ride is an 89 XJ Laredo w/ 3" lift and 31" BFG Muds, open/open stock 3:54 gears...I enjoy the trail/some awesome views up near the top...
That is good to know XJs fit.
I will be in a 89 XJ Laredo 4.5" lift and 33" MT/Rs, 3:73 gears w/lock Right in rear.

Thanks
__________________
Clay Graham
PNW4WDA Region 4 Public Relations
PNW4WDA Beverly Dunes Coordinator



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.