Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Your Regional Forums > Region Four > Meeting Minutes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-09-2011, 11:55 PM
raspberry's Avatar
raspberry raspberry is offline
BOD
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kenewick
Posts: 187
Default Region 4 minutes March 8, 2011

REGION 4 MINUTES
March 8, 2011
Selah, WA

Director Earl Nettnin (Desert Rats) called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited and a moment of silence for the sick and departed was observed. No guests were present.

MINUTES: A motion was made by Sid Hagemeier (Shindig Wheelers) seconded by Lynn Kirk (Mountain Masters) to accept the February minutes as printed, motion passed.

TREASURER’S REPORT: Secretary/Treasurer Sande Nettnin (Desert Rats) gave the Treasurer’s report. We have no outstanding bills; however, Sande reported that she is waiting to receive the checking account number for the Trail Jamboree account so she can do an electronic transfer of funds that was approved at the February meeting.

COMP: One of our PNW members from Region 2, Jammer Trummert had a devastating fire at their place that destroyed a 7500 square foot shop and everything in it including a motor home, trailers, 3 Jeeps, tools etc, so a tool drive has been planned as a way to help them. Items can be left at the Moonshiner’s Swap meet March 13th at the Puyallup Fair Grounds. More information can be found on the Moonshiner’s web site http://moonshinersjeepclub.com/swapmeet/swapmeet.htm or contact Kevin Kehrberg 253-312-5114 or TrummertToolDrive@mail.com.
A question was asked if the COMP book has ever been on line. Answer – don’t know. That’s a question that can be asked at the Board meeting this weekend.

MEMBERSHIP: Nothing to report at this time.

CLUB POWER/WE DID IT: Gary Harting (Desert Rats) said he had received several patches at Winter Convention. He received things that were not only for Region 4 so he is sorting things out and needed a little help to find out where he should send them.

JUNIOR JEEPERS: Advisor Gloria Joralemon (Shindig Wheelers) said the kids had designed a new patch that would not be so expensive to have made. Gloria is still checking prices.

TRAIL JAMBOREE: Co-Chairman Sid Hagemeier (Shindig Wheelers) said he believed that registration for Trail Jamboree was filled. Sid said the host packets had gone out and he is still looking for a major sponsor. If you know of a business that would like to participate let him know and he would contact them. The t-shirt design is still being worked on. Sid reminded everyone of the clean-up at Jim Sprick Park on April 15-17, he had received a list from the park on what they would like our help with during the clean-up. We will also be serving Hobo Stew at noon so if you want to participate, please bring something to add to the stew – no more than 2 cups and if you are bringing something fresh please have it cut and ready.

WEB SITE: No comments were made on the PNW’s web site.

PR: Kelda Hagemeier (Shindig Wheelers) has gone to work full time but she is still our PR person so if you need to have something advertized get it to her and she will take care of it.

LAND MATTERS:
Doug Conner (Roamin’ Chariots) there has been a lot of use at Juniper Dunes and more expected as the weather improves. Doug said he plans to invite BLM Ranger, Dave Gibbins who patrols at Juniper Dunes to attend our next region meeting in Pasco. We need to be aware of the pending Resource Management Plan that will affect Juniper Dunes. There should be more information and meeting notices soon and they will be posted on the BLM’s website at http://blm.gov/or/districts/spokane/...jrmp/index.php.

Ron Rutherford (Jeepin’ Nomads) reported on the Wenas, Ahtanum and Rim Rock areas. Ron said the Wenas was closed for their winter closure; a meeting is coming up the second week in April to discuss what’s been happening during the last 6 months. The Ahtanum Forest – things are pretty quiet for now however, they did have training for the Ahtanum Forest Watch dealing with radios. Basically it was a general training on radio courtesy and how to handle emergency situations, which channels to avoid during fires etc.

Director Earl Nettnin reported that he had received information from FEMA on the proposed re-route of the A3000 road. Letters have been written stating we are in favor of this project.
The Legislature is still mulling over imposing a user fee (Access Pass) to keep recreation areas open and accessible – this is still in committee and nothing has been passed yet. On their schedule of events March 7th was the last day to consider bills in house of origin.

Clay Graham (Yakima Kittitas Forest Watch) reported that Beverly Dunes is open. A clean-up is planned for May 7th.

A point of interest from the Legislature – as of February 24th the NOVA committee was reinstated. So money is available for grants. Several agencies have requested support letters.

Earl reminded everyone that belonging to CLOUT is a great way to get a heads up on what’s happening in the Legislative session in your area. They send alerts when urgent action is needed. Everyone present indicated they had signed up for it.

Bald Mountain is in the hands of the legislature. Nothing new to report.

TWIG MEETING REPORT:
Letters of support are needed for RCO NOVA applications by March 15th. Send to Sue Ranger and Jacquie Beidl. sranger@fs.fed.us or jbeidl@fs.fed.us. Letters are needed for Naches District OHV Rangers 2011-12 (Project #11-1158) Naches Motorized Trails M & O 2011-12 (project #11-1159) Naches Developed and Dispersed M & O 2011-12 (Project # 11-1160) and Pyramid Trail 941 Bridge Replacement (Project #11-1176). Be sure to list the project number in your letters.
Discussion followed on the impending Memorial Week-End closure. Irene Davidson District Ranger has pretty much made up her mind that all trails will be closed until after Father’s Day week-end - the closure will be for everyone except hikers. Letters can be sent to her by Friday March 11th, but it looks like it’s a done deal. The Back Country Horsemen are very upset and have sought legal advice as to what action they might take. Irene indicated that she had received opposition from only one person and that was Ron Rutherford. After much discussion, Earl will draft a letter to her stating that Ron is our representative from the PNW representing several clubs who oppose this closure.
The next TWIG meeting will be April 12th because Irene Davidson cannot make the regularly scheduled meeting April 5th, and she is in control. This change affects us because that’s our Region meeting night, so several members who would be at the region meeting will be at the TWIG meeting representing our interests.

Glass Angel project is up for public review the end of this month.

Tieton ORV Access – nothing to report.

Word has been received that the U.S. Forest Service has come up with a nation wide forest planning rule; they are hosting public forums on the proposed Planning Rule in two locations in the North West. The first one will be March 23rd in Seattle Washington at the Sheraton Downtown Seattle Hotel from 1:30 – 5 PM followed by an open house from 6 – 8 PM and the second one will be March 25th in Portland Oregon at the Sheraton Airport Hotel from 8:30 AM – 12 NOON and from 1:30 – 5 PM, with an open house from noon to 1 PM. People will be on hand at both meetings to explain and answer questions about the proposed Forest Planning Rule.
Lynn Kirk (Mountain Masters) commented that the Cross Country Skiers want to shut down all trails in the Haney Meadows and Blewett Pass areas that have been groomed for Snowmobile use because the snowmobiles make to much noise and have messed up their area to ski on. Discussion followed on encounters with snowmobilers. Clay Graham (Yakima Kittitas Forest Watch) said he and his club had encountered snowmobilers in the Colockum area on green dot roads who were not friendly and wanted to see them ticketed.

OLD BUSINESS:
WOHVA Rally – had pretty good attendance even though the weather was bad.

Winter Convention business – the $5 dues increase passed so PNW dues will be $40 starting in 2012 for member families and individual members. Earl presented awards to the following that were not present at Winter Convention: Ron Rutherford and Doug Conner awards from Arlene Brooks outgoing WA State Executive Director for their work as land coordinators. Earl gave 110% awards from him to Ron Rutherford, Doug Conner and Clay Graham as a “Thank You” for their efforts this past year in Region 4.
A Trail Patrol Booklet handed out at Winter Convention was passed out. Feel free to copy and distribute to everyone to use as a way to report illegal use and improper user ethics.

NEW BUSINESS:
It’s time to renew our membership in Blue Ribbon. Sid Hagemeier (Shindig Wheelers) made a motion seconded by Josh Wesselius (Ridgerunners) that we pay dues of $100 to Blue Ribbon, motion passed.

SEMA Alert – Earl shared information on a bill in Oregon that reintroduces a bill to limit suspension/tire alterations etc. This bill if passed would severely limit vehicle suspension, body lift and wheel/tire alterations, on bumpers elevated more than 3 inches over the original manufactured bumper clearance. This would ban any altered vehicle; if it didn’t come from the factory it’s illegal.

CLUB REPORTS:
Yakima Kittitas Forest Watch: Clay reported they went on the Colockum Road and encountered some Snowmobilers, last Saturday they went up to the LT Murray Wild Life area it was real muddy down below and up on top snow. A clean-up is scheduled at the Slab in Zillah March 26th. Some are attending the Moonshiners Swap meet this weekend in Puyallup.

Mountain Masters: not much going on, some will attend the Moonshiners Swap meet this weekend in Puyallup, they are planning a spring clean-up the end of May in the Birch Mountain area and possibly another area. They are working on rigs.

Jeepin’ Nomads: nothing to report just waiting and writing letters.

Shindig Wheelers: preparing for a big season and bowling.

Ridgerunners: pretty quiet, some going to the Swap meet in Puyallup this weekend.

Roamin’ Chariots: had a luncheon get together with the Jeepin’ Nomads family and friends at Sea Galley in Union Gap to visit and plan future functions.

Desert Rats: had a pizza night on February 25th had a good turn out about 25 people. We are hammering out details of a Rubicon Trip in September with the Wine Country Rock Crawlers. Had a camping/fishing trip planned March 4th but it was canceled due to extremely bad weather – cold and snow and the lake frozen over; this has been rescheduled for the end of this month. Some are going over to the swap meet in Puyallup this weekend.

GOOD OF THE ORDER – Trail Watch decals were passed out.

DOOR PRIZE: Kevin McCarty will bring the door prize for the next meeting.

The next meeting dates for Region 4 will be:
Tuesday, April 12th Doug Conner’s shop 3300 Road 96 Pasco, WA 7:30 PM
Tuesday, May 10th Moses Lake, WA place TBA 7:30 PM

Future Meetings/Events
 Slab Clean-up March 26, Zillah, WA
 Moses Lake Sand Dunes clean-up April 9th
 Trail Jamboree clean-up at Jim Sprick Park April 15th-17th
 Beverly Dunes Clean-up May 7th

Lynn Kirk (Mountain Masters) made a motion seconded by Doug Conner (Roamin’ Chariots) to adjourn the meeting at 9 PM. Motion passed.

Respectfully Submitted,

Sande

Sande Nettnin, Secretary/Treasurer
Region 4
__________________
Sande Nettnin
PNW4WDA Secretary
Region 4 Secretary/Treasurer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.