Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Liberty
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Washington State Director

Default Seasonal Closure

Recieved from Tim Foss; Trails, Wilderness, and ORV Manager
Cle Elum Ranger District

SEASONAL CLOSURE IN EFFECT ON MOTORIZED TRAILS THIS SPRING

The Cle Elum Ranger District will implement a partial closure on motorized trails this Spring. This closure applies to motorized recreation only. Individual trail loops will be opened to motorized traffic as they dry out and seasonal maintenance is completed. Maps will be posted at trailheads and on websites showing which trails are open, and these will be updated regularly.

Typically on the Cle Elum District, there are a few low-elevation loops in the Taneum and Liberty areas that are dry and logged out by Memorial Day, but the majority of trails are still wet.

Motorized groups have encouraged us for years to keep the trails closed while they're wet because the damage that's done is often much worse than what can be repaired the following summer. We are committed to opening trails as soon as possible, and we will have a number of employees and volunteers working on these trails to get them open. As soon as a trail loop is dry and logs are cut out, we will open it within 24 hours.

Watch cleelumtrails.com for details and/or contact the Ranger Station at 509-852-1100. Please note that the Naches Ranger District will be implementing the same type of closure, but it is not anticipated that that any motorized trails on the Naches District will be dry enough to open by Memorial Day.

4/11/11
Cle Elum Ranger District

Please pass the word!
Overbored Racing
Old 05-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Friends

Are there any updates on the trail system at Liberty for this coming Memorial Weekend?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2011, 10:37 AM
that WOHVA guy

Mikki is really good about getting info out via the web...keep an eye on these for updated info:
www.cleelumtrails.com

facebook
Old 05-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Washington State Director

There is a work party scheduled for this weekend and going until Memorial weekend. Dave McMains and Dale Newman from Region 4 are good contacts. I know lots of snow still. Keep checking in.. We will post as soon as Mikki sends us stuff!
Overbored Racing
Old 05-20-2011, 08:28 PM

Mikki Douglass 6:35pm May 20

Okay, this is what I learned today about roads...the Taneum 3300 is barricaded with jersey barriers (impassable and closed until further notice); Peoh Point is closed. Woods and Steele is still holding snow, but with this weather, should melt fast. Manastash...not good at all. We know of several HUGE washouts so far, and we haven't had eyes on anything above those, but we have someone surveying further tomorrow...so I will do another report then...it looks like we should have some trails open in the Liberty area by Memorial Day weekend, if not sooner (thanks to the PNW4WDA).

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 05-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Friends

Thanks
Old 05-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Mikki Douglass 6:35pm May 20

Okay, this is what I learned today about roads...the Taneum 3300 is barricaded with jersey barriers (impassable and closed until further notice); Peoh Point is closed. Woods and Steele is still holding snow, but with this weather, should melt fast. Manastash...not good at all. We know of several HUGE washouts so far, and we haven't had eyes on anything above those, but we have someone surveying further tomorrow...so I will do another report then...it looks like we should have some trails open in the Liberty area by Memorial Day weekend, if not sooner (thanks to the PNW4WDA).
I spoke to Mikki Saturday nite. It is doubtful as to if any trails will be open for Memorial Day Weekend. She will post any trails that do open at cleelumtrails.com but as of now it does not look good.