Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 05-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda78cj View Post
So would I need both passes or does this new one trump the nwfp?
You need both passes if you are going to recreate in both the State forest and the National Forest.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Washington State Director

I have my CJ with dual licience.. now having said that they hate to do that.. in Enumclaw she does it knowing why we do it. But Federal Way.. they give me grief..

There is still lots of disscussion offline as to which area will get what designation.. There is a fine line that the DNR is establishing that may effect us but in a good way.

So don't rush out in June and buy this pass unless you know for sure you will need this pass.

The FAQ on both website and on my post.. has lots of good information.

Getting our jeeps with dual registration also will cut down on how many we have to buy.

Volenteer time is also going to be a huge factor. So keep track of the time you spend a part of that time for this year may count.

So at this point stay tuned.. more to come. Keep the questions and concerns coming as I will forward those on.
Overbored Racing
Old 05-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Aimless Wanderer

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and South of Disorder

Been a while since I have posted here ( started up new biz). I have to say I am a bit confused on the fairness of this pass. ORV permitted vehicles are exempt, but street licensed vehicles are not? Mkay, and what is the thought behind that? We both pay fees to use our rigs in good ole Washington state. But because I am a licenced street legal rig and will be going down the same roads and trail ( for the most part) on state lands as a ORV tagged rig I am double dipped? Where is the fairness of that? Sounds like a recipe for a discrimination lawsuit.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:58 AM

I have to tell you the truth.. I have read many of comments from all different areas.

If you go to the Discover Pass website. www.discoverpass.wa.gov

The first page says $30 bucks for annual pass (transaction and dealer fees may apply) then goes on to say enjoy nearly (nearly?) 7 million acres.. now look at the list of exemptions..
this is just one of them.. Off-Road Vehicle (ORVs): If your ORV is required to display an ORV tab,you do not need a Discover Pass for that vehicle. Generally, ORVs are non
street-legal vehicles.
You will need a Discover Pass for the street-legal vehicle that transports your ORV to a state recreation site. The trailer does not require a pass.

I still have questions and concerns about what happens if the inforcement feels my steet legal ORV tabbed vehicle needs a pass and does not meet the intent of this expemption??

There are more questions and hopefully soon more answers..
Overbored Racing
Old 06-01-2011, 11:06 AM

Default Discover Pass Reading Material

Just in case you don't want to visit the site.. here are some of the pages..

There is contact information on the site.. Questions not answered ask them.. if you do ask them please.. share the response when you recieve it!

We are all in this together and together we will learn and continue to find ways to enjoy our sport.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Discover Pass exemptions.pdf (316.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: pdf About the Discover Pass.pdf (337.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf Washington State Discover Pass.pdf (322.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf Discover Pass FAQ.pdf (362.5 KB, 3 views)
Overbored Racing
Old 06-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Friends

So really in reality we are not being treated that unfair when it comes to being double charged. If you have a license rig you would pay for tabs, Discovery Pass and Northwest Forest pass. If you have an ORV you have to pay for tabs, ORV pass and Northwest Forest pass, I believe. Maybe a little difference in $ amount but we still pay 3 times and really not that much if it really goes back into maintaining the trails so that we may continue to utilize them and not get slowly squeezed out of different areas as they seem to be doing in small steps.

Last edited by NickiD; 06-09-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Jeep View Post
Just in case you don't want to visit the site.. here are some of the pages..

There is contact information on the site.. Questions not answered ask them.. if you do ask them please.. share the response when you recieve it!

We are all in this together and together we will learn and continue to find ways to enjoy our sport.
Could you post this page also:

http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/exemp...ver%20Pass.pdf

Thanks,
=====================
07 Jeep Rubicon AT Soft top

Member of:
Washington Off Highway Vehicle Alliance (WOHVA http://www.wohva.org)
North Idaho Trail Blazers (NITB; http://www.nitrailblazers.org)
Old 09-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiD View Post
but we still pay 3 times and really not that much if it really goes back into maintaining the trails so that we may continue to utilize them and not get slowly squeezed out of different areas as they seem to be doing in small steps.

There in lies the problem... It would be fine if it went to maintaining the trails but there is only 16% of revenue at best, and that is a stretch, going into trails. The other 84% goes to state parks, places we can't wheel. Thats like using revenue from car tabs to fund bike paths and bus transit... oh wait, I hear they are doing that in some places too.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 PM

You must be fron the west side???

Over here in Spokane, we can wheel in a State Park - 600 acres!
=====================
07 Jeep Rubicon AT Soft top

Member of:
Washington Off Highway Vehicle Alliance (WOHVA http://www.wohva.org)
North Idaho Trail Blazers (NITB; http://www.nitrailblazers.org)
Old 10-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Friends

Default Discover Pass

I buy a hunting license and get a stewart access for WDFW land and last year i could access DNR land with it. But this year i need a discovery pass to access DNR land. And that money goes where? Probly the general fund. Or atleast most of it does. I can understand paying for an access pass if the money goes towards some seen improvements on the lands we access. Not these fancy new upgrads on camp grounds that alot of that pay for these passes dont even use. I have been buying a hunting and fishing license for about 12 years or so now and all have have seen is more gates on roads in areas i use to hunt because people dump there ****. But thats another issue. I would just like to see some the money go towards the areas we use. Not the general state fund. Or The Black Pine Lake camp ground in twisp. Last year it was all gravel. But i went by there this year while hunting, And they paved the whole thing made the camp sites bigger, add a fancy new boat launch with like about twenty or more parking spots. Mind you this lake is only 10 acers or so big. I just dont get it.