Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Rigs > Jeeps > TJ's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TJ's Coiled up

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Friends

Default Doodoob's 03

First off lets start I am AD Air Force and got an assignment to Fairchild AFB in Feb 2012. I will be heading up to the Spokane area in December to drop off two vehicles and the coming back in January with my family. My wife has a 05 Unlimited Rubicon and I have an 03 Rubicon.
So that being said lets start off with some basic info on my Jeep. It is an 03 Rubicon w/ 35x12.50x15 BFG MT KM2’s on Walker Evans Beadlocks, Rockhard rear bumper/tire carrier and plate holder, Genright front bumper w/stinger & extra DOM, PS trail cage with extra tube work, Warn diff guards, WJ steering/brake conversion, JKS brackets and parts for the conversion, Skidrow steering skid, Warn xd9000i, Alloy USA axle shafts F & R and seals, Superior 4.88 gears, York OBA system, 750W power inverter, Cobra 75WSX Radio, MCAI, 62mm TB, Tuffy glove box, Marine Diehard Platinum , and the list goes on & on & on.
So my jeep was in need of a suspension overhaul and I decided to go with the GenRight Legend Extreme kit. I opted for the Teraflex rear truss and T-case skid, steps on the rockers, flares for the corners, and remote reservoirs on the CO’s. I am gonna keep the 44's for now while I save my pennies for new axles.

On to the build…….
This is the Jeep before I started.

First I started by pulling the rear wheels, flares, & wheel well liners.

Then you have to modify the EVAP system to make room. I followed the write up as shown in this link.
Rubicon Owners Forum - View topic - EVAP Relocation - Writeup w/ pictures

You have to do a little cutting inside of each rear wheel well as shown in the pics.

Last edited by Doodoob; 07-16-2011 at 11:10 PM.