Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Your Regional Forums > Region Two
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Region Two Where the Rubber Meets the Trail!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Default Operation Shore Patrol - Region 2

Operation Shore Patrol

40th

1971-2011

The Tacoma Webfooters are hosting the 40th Anniversary of Operation Shore Patrol. The date of this year's event coincides the same date as all other clean-ups nation and world wide. This year the Webfooters will be having a social camp fire on the beach and will have many items to raffle off. Come join all the fun at the Twin Harbors Campground in Westport, WA on the 16th, 17th and 18th of September. See you there!

Register at: mailto:OperationShorePatrol@gmail.com
Kurt & Joy Mehr - Chairs

We hope to see you there!!!
PNW4WDA and Region 2 Public Relations
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Old 08-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Member since 1996

Can we drive ATV's on the beach for the clean up? - That makes a big difference on what vehicles I bring as well as what trailer I haul.

Do the camp sites have bathrooms? - That makes a big difference on what trailer I haul.

What about food? Do we bring our own breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? - This question is for my wife... as I know I could just "borrow" some food from most of you. LOL!!!

Sorry for the questions... but I would like to bring my family to this event from Eastern Washington and I would hate to guess wrong on some important details.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelingPlus.com View Post
Can we drive ATV's on the beach for the clean up? - That makes a big difference on what vehicles I bring as well as what trailer I haul. No. Beach is a state hwy and you must be street legal

Do the camp sites have bathrooms? - That makes a big difference on what trailer I haul. Yes bathrooms and showers as well

What about food? Do we bring our own breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? - This question is for my wife... as I know I could just "borrow" some food from most of you. LOL!!! Yes you need to bring food. The city normaly puts on a chili type feed on sat night though

Sorry for the questions... but I would like to bring my family to this event from Eastern Washington and I would hate to guess wrong on some important details.
Hope this helps Ron
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Member since 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
Hope this helps Ron
THANKS JIM!

I assume by your response this event is still on? I have heard that some people are upset about the new Discovery Pass and are not going... so I want to make sure this is still a for sure event?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
THANKS JIM!

I assume by your response this event is still on? I have heard that some people are upset about the new Discovery Pass and are not going... so I want to make sure this is still a for sure event?
Yea, lots of people feel the state parks are shafting us but its still on.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Member since 1996

What are the camping fees?

Is the Twin Harbors Campground in Westport the best place to stay? Is it all reserved already or will their be a RV spot for us if we show up at the last minute?

Sorry for dumb questions. Very busy at the shop these days and I have little time to research this stuff. PLUS: I hate going somewhere new not knowing what to expect.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
What are the camping fees?

Is the Twin Harbors Campground in Westport the best place to stay? Is it all reserved already or will their be a RV spot for us if we show up at the last minute?

Sorry for dumb questions. Very busy at the shop these days and I have little time to research this stuff. PLUS: I hate going somewhere new not knowing what to expect.
Thats where we all stay.
Something like $15 per night if I remember right. Sat nite is "free" if your in "our area" coming in late it might be tough to find a spot in "our area" (fills up fast on friday night) but there are usally lots of open spaces in the main campground. Some with hookups but you should make a reservation if you want one of those
Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Member since 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
Thats where we all stay.
Something like $15 per night if I remember right. Sat nite is "free" if your in "our area" coming in late it might be tough to find a spot in "our area" (fills up fast on friday night) but there are usally lots of open spaces in the main campground. Some with hookups but you should make a reservation if you want one of those
Thanks Jim. We plan to be there. Just not sure when we will roll into camp.

Do we need to bring anything other than normal camping stuff?

We will most likely be walking since we can't use our OHV's on the beach.

Other than good walking boots... should we bring anything else? I'm guessing gloves and garbage bags?