Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Racers Edge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Racers Edge Race Repair Repeat

Old 02-18-2012, 11:21 PM
mtn4wheeler

Default race jeep on craigs list

I saw this and thought I would put it up here for people to see. Sorry but I couldnt get the pics with it. Go to the seattle craigs list to see the whole add.

Parting Out 1947 Custom Race Jeep (Rochester)

Parting out my 1947 custom built race jeep. Need to sell cant use the jeep anymore and to many nice parts to just let lay around. Make any reasonable cash offer I am ready to sell. Would consider trade or part trade for some of the big parts for a fairly new Yamaha or Honda 250 quad. The quad has to be really nice for me even to consider it. Please call and leave a message or txt me at 360-628-4916.

Wanted to let everybody know until I sell a big part or two I don't want pull the jeep apart and disable it. Anyone wanting parts and we make a deal I will hold it for you. I will be taking the jeep completely apart the first weekend in March. Up til then will be the last time you can here the engine run if at all interested.

Engine is a fresh rebuilt 350 Chev 500+ HP: 4 bolt main block, Callaway billet crank, 6" crower I beam rods, 040 Keith Black 14.1:1 pistons, Isky solid roller cam and lifters, Cloyes full roller timing chain. Heads are Dart II sportman iron heads with mild port work with Manley race flow 2.055 int. & 1.65 ex. valves, Isky valve springs with titanium retainers, Comp cams steel full roller rockers with a stud girdle. Dart intake with Holley HP 825 carb, all msd ignition (ditributor, coil & 6AL control box), all aluminum pulleys. This engine has been a great motor for years and It has always ran great for me. Again this a fresh rebuild $6500.00 OBO.

Custom built tube chasis and roll cage. $1000.00 OBO

1947 CJ2a fiberglass body. It is a one piece shell stock length but has app. 12" taken out of the center to norrow it. Make offer

Transmission is a fresh rebuilt full manual shift Turbo 350 with a B&M Hole Shot 3000 stall converter adapted to a Dana 20 transfer with a trans adapt adapter. $1500.00 OBO (SOLD)

Art Car shifter $150.00 (SOLD)

Rear ends are Dana 44's out of a 1974 Jeep Cherokee. Front diff. is all stock with 4.10 gears and has 11" disc brakes. Rear diff has 4.10 gears mounted on a full spool with Dutchman axles and 11" drum brakes and housing has a girdle welded on. $850.00 each. OBO
Also have spare parts that go with front and rear diff. (axles, gear sets, spiders etc.)

Have lots of other parts: Autometer guages 2 5/8" mechanical temp, oil pressure & fuel pressure mounted in chrome buckets. 2 Autometer dummy lights red & blue. 5" autometer 10,000 rpm with memory recall. 2 Beard custom bucket seats, Custom aluminum radiator(SOLD), 4 port fan colled oil cooler(SOLD), Saginaw power steering boxes and pumps, electric radiator fans(SOLD), High volume holley fuel pump and regulator, Spun aluminum gas tank, custom leaf springs front rear. Feel free to ask about any parts even if I didnt list them. Make reasonable offer on misc parts.

1946 CJ-2A trail Jeep
1946 CJ-2A race Jeep
1976 CJ-5 Hunting Jeep/ Daily driver
Comp #3500
Vancouver 4 Wheelers Vice President and Treasurer
Region 3 Competition Chairman

www.vancouver4wheelers.net
Old 02-18-2012, 11:52 PM
that WOHVA guy

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/pts/2847357529.html

Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

I believe this rig has been sold (rumor had it to a PNW member )
PNW4WDA and Region 2 Public Relations
Real Deal Doe Run Member