Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Liberty
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2012, 01:48 PM
rollin

Default Liberty Trip Report, July 2012

A group of us headed to Liberty for the weekend (July 20th-22nd). It had been a couple of years since I had been there. Weather on the westside was wet. I was hoping the trails would stay dry on the Liberty side as the smallest amount of wetness can turn the trails into snail slime in no time flat.

Saturday our plan was to head over the the west side of Hwy 97 and run everything that we could. There were 11 rigs total and we ran most trails in no time flat decided to stop at the look out for lunch.
We ran into several dead end trails on the way down and decided to hit the logging roads back to camp hoping to catch a stellar sunset from the top of the 319. Which we did. I want to give a special "Thank You" to one of the B.L.A.S.T. members for helping me find my way to the 319, super helpful.

On Sunday, we had a much smaller group and hit some trails on the East side. To our surprise we found 100's of people at Table Top mountain for a Telescope Jamboree.
We covered many miles and picked up trash. All in all, a great time was had by all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0039.jpg (45.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg sunset.jpg (30.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_2_8.jpg (79.8 KB, 27 views)