Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Cherokee Master

One thing that needs to be done with the electronic part of the membership rosters on here, if not already, is whenever changes are made or members added, it should be sent directly to the membership chair to be taken care of. This might help get thing done in a timely manner.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 08-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
One thing that needs to be done with the electronic part of the membership rosters on here, if not already, is whenever changes are made or members added, it should be sent directly to the membership chair to be taken care of. This might help get thing done in a timely manner.
I totally agree. As it is now, when there's an addition or change, nothing is triggered to let the membership chairperson know. It's my understanding this is currently being worked on.
PNW4WDA and Region 2 Public Relations
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Old 08-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Cherokee Master

Well, it has now been 3 weeks since my little chat, and nothing else has happened. Still no member card for my club member. The on-line associate join and dues schedule page is still set up to rip off potential class III Associates. As far as the 10 + year old email in the Tri-Power, I will have to wait on the issues coming out to see if that got fixed, or if it will continue to be wrong in the mailing list that goes down every month.

Time is running out before Fall Delegates meeting where I plan to make an issue of it from the floor and see if the delegates want to try and regain control of this cluster****

I am totally fed up with this kind of cr*p. It has way past being a sore point. Get your act together and fast.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Old 08-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Art, I'm pretty certain the Tri-Power issue has been fixed. Ron, the editor, said he would take care of it. My fingers are crossed.

I'm sorry the other issues have not been resolved.

I'll get on the horn again to see what I can do to get this done.
PNW4WDA and Region 2 Public Relations
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 AM
PNW President

Art,
While I understand your frustration not once have you contacted me regarding these issues. As you know the Association is comprised of vollunteers who all have lives. The membership card issue is very important but should not be why people belong to this great group. The membership cards should already be corrected for 2013 but due to problems with the transition to the new system it is impossible to get a report of who did not get them. I know many people who have been dedicating their time to keeping your motorized areas open and working on the never ending legislative issues accross the three states. If you would prefer we put those on the back burner please let me know. All of your officers are doing the best they can. Elections are right around the corner if you care to step up. Tomorrow we will be having the funeral service for one of our club members. The compassion and care members of the PNW4WDA have shown is one of the main reasons I choose to belong. I would appreciate it if you would send me a detailed email of your concerns to president@pnw4wda.org and I will do my best to address your concerns. Diana has been doing a great job of taking care of most of the concerns you had. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Angie Marek
Old 08-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Cherokee Master

I contacted the board members that have responsibility for the areas that have issues. That should be sufficient to get it taken care of. It was then put up in the members section to keep it in house. You should not have to micro manage the members of the board, they are adults and should be able to take care of the position they agreed to take on. My issues have been put forth here and with Diana, and according to her, you were contacted by her. With the exception of Diana, the BOD members that have posted up a reply in any of the threads have done NOTHING but climb on my back for bringing up problems and issues. No attempt to get it taken care of. This really shows the outside world how the membership is valued. Well done.

While the loss of a member and services are disheartning, these things have been ongoing since way before. As I said before if the PNW can't even get the small stuff taken care of, how can they handle the big items.

I know a lot of folks work on issues we face in the sport, and I have been one for as long as I have been a member (joined in Sept. of '76). I don't belittle their efforts in that under taking.

I no longer have the patience nor the life expectancy to spend a long period of time to get the small stuff like this taken care of. While a card may not seem that important, it, along with the Tri-Power is the only concrete thing that one can hold for the money spent. I suspect if it were one of your members or yourself it would have been handled within a week.

Sorry you think I am whining for no reason, but when other people look at the way things are handled, they won't waste their time with this group. You couldn't get a member in southern Idaho if your life depended on it, that is how much weight the PNW carries over there, and it is getting that bad in other places as well. PNW any where outside of Washington is becoming a bigger joke than it has been.

Every adult in my club, except one, is a former board member, either elected or appointed or in one case, both, and not a one of them would ever hold another position for love or money or any combination of both.

I have another life as well. It should not take up to five (5) months to get this kind of stuff fixed. It is past frustration.

You know what---screw it. I will kiss off the member involved, and keep my mouth shut from here on out. As to if the club stays will be up to the members, but as of right now it would probably be a 5-3 vote to tell you to get stuffed. It has just become not worth the frickin hassle any more. But you don't give a dam* about a small club, we are more trouble than we are worth. Your do nothing people have finally won. Congratulations.

I fully expect to see this thread disappear and watch the ban hammer come down for taking board members to task for not doing the job their position requires---that is easier than fixing the problem, and keeps it out of the public eye. Cheers

Last edited by Art Waugh; 08-29-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Peak Putters President

Maybe the wrong place to ask; there does seem to be a level of frustration here, but here it goes. What is the most efficient way to add a PNW4WDA member to our roster (Peak Putters)? We have a new dues paying member eager to have his PNW card and stickers.
I think I received an email on this topic, but that is one hard drive ago. ops:
Old 08-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Cherokee Master

Supposedly add to the POS electronic system, pay the invoice generated, notify the treas. and membership. Good luck, you might get it next year if you are real lucky.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Peak Putters President

Can some one give me a link to the electronic system? Like I stated, all of last year's emails went bye-bye with the hard drive. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaccocca View Post
Can some one give me a link to the electronic system? Like I stated, all of last year's emails went bye-bye with the hard drive. Thanks for any help.
It's on the front page of the website Lee. Contact Edward (webmaster) and he can help you thru the process.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA