||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
ALL Tillamook OHV Trails Closed!
E-mail received from Dave Hiatt today.
* * * * *
FYI – All Tillamook OHV trails are now closed as of 0100, Monday, October 1, 2012
From: WALLMARK Jennifer L
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 4:33 PM
To: Tillamook Notifications; ALL TILLAMOOK; ALL TILLAMOOK FOREST CENTER; ALL ASTORIA; ALL COLUMBIA CITY; ALL FOREST GROVE; DALLY Brian L; LUTTRELL Dave B; SEABLE Nathan T
Subject: NW-1 to IFPL 2 and NW-2 & NW-3 to IFPL 3 at 01:00 am Monday 10/1/12
Industrial Fire Precaution Level Zone NW-1 will be going to Level 2 and NW-2 & NW-3 will be going to Level 3 effective 1:00 am, Monday, October 1st. Please distribute this urgent information to all of your operators.
With NW-2 & NW-3 at IFPL 3, the Non-Industrial Chainsaw waiver and the OHV waiver are not applicable. The OHV trails in the Browns Camp (Rogers Basin), Jordan Creek Basin, Diamond Mill OHV, Trask Basin and Nicolai Mountain OHV areas and the trails in the BLM Nestucca Riding Area are CLOSED and will remain closed until further notice. Only the improved, maintained gravel roads in the Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond Mill, and Trask areas remain open for OHV use.
Effective at 1:00 am for NW-1:
LEVEL II - Partial Hootowl:
The following may operate only between the hours of 8 P.M. and 1 P.M. local time:
· power saws except at loading sites;
· cable yarding;
· welding or cutting of metal.
Effective at 1:00 am for NW-2 & NW-3:
LEVEL III - Partial Shutdown:
The following are prohibited except as indicated:
· cable yarding – except that gravity operated logging systems employing non-motorized carriages may operate between 8 P.M and 1 P.M. when all blocks and moving lines are suspended 10 feet above the ground except the line between the carriage and the chokers.
· power saws – except power saws may be used at loading sites and on tractor/skidder operations between the hours of 8 P.M. and 1 P.M. local time;
In addition, the following are permitted to operate between the hours of 8 P.M. and 1 P.M. local time:
· Tractor, skidder, feller-buncher, forwarder, or shovel logging operations where tractors, skidders, or other equipment with a blade capable of constructing fireline are immediately available to quickly reach and effectively attack a fire start;
· mechanized loading or hauling of any product or material; blasting;
· welding or cutting of metal;
· any other spark emitting operation not specifically mentioned.
Fire watch waiver is still in effect:
IFPL 1 = I hour
IFPL 2 = 2 hours
IFPL 3 = 3 hours
IFPL 4 = Shutdown
Once the official proclamation is prepared, it will be posted here:
Link for current fire weather forecast:
aka "Pistons Chick"
Piston's Wild Motorsports
PNW4WDA Member for 25 Years
"SARCASM - because beating the crap out of people is illegal."