Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Your Regional Forums > Region Four > Meeting Minutes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 05-16-2013, 10:04 PM
raspberry's Avatar
raspberry raspberry is offline
BOD
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kenewick
Posts: 186
Default Region 4 minutes May 14, 2013

REGION 4 MINUTES
MAY 14, 2013
SELAH, WA

Region Director Earl Nettnin (Desert Rats) called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited and a moment of silence for the sick and departed was observed. Earl asked everyone to remember John Van Vynck (Thunder Trucks) who passed away after the Jim Sprick Park clean-up.

GUEST: Michelle King NEPA Planner for the Naches Ranger District.

MINUTES: One correction to the minutes was made. The date for the Naches Trail closure was incorrect. It should have said the trail is closed through June 15th. A motion was made by Ron Rutherford (Jeepin’ Nomads) seconded by Randy Hayes (Sand Commandos) to accept the corrected minutes as printed - motion passed.

TREASURER’S REPORT: given by Sande Nettnin (Desert Rats). All bills have been paid.

COMP: No report was given; however, events are listed on the PNW4WDA’s Web Site and Tri-Power.

MEMBERSHIP: A packet was sent to a club in East Wenatchee; Director Earl Nettnin will contact them and see where things are with them. They want to be involved in work parties.

PNW4WDA’S WEB SITE: We also have a PNW page on Facebook.

CLUB POWER/WE DID IT: Chairman Gary Harting (Desert Rats) would like to remind everyone to please turn in their paper work to him when your club has an activity.

JR. JEEPERS: Teia Ireland (Yakima Kittitas Forest Watch) said she had nothing to report except she will not be at Trail Jamboree but her sisters will take charge of the event for her.

PR: Chairman Clay Graham (Yakima Kittitas Forest Watch) said get information to him and he will see that it’s sent out to our alert list. If you get it more than once it’s better than not getting it at all. You have a delete button on your computer.

TRAIL JAMBOREE: No report check the Web site for information.

LAND MATTERS
Ron Rutherford (Jeepin’ Nomads) reported nothing new in the Ahtanum, the snow is melting and people are wheeling in the area. Ron said he and Clay had attended the Wenas meeting on April 9, 2013; usual discussion on landowner gates being closed etc. All gates will be open on the morning of May 1, 2013.
White and Chinook Pass nothing has changed since the road closures. The Little Naches has been pretty quiet since the road closures. Motor Cycle riding is allowed in the Taneum.

Doug Conner (Roamin’ Chariots) reported that he and Earl Nettnin had attended a meeting on Juniper Dunes with the Franklin County Commissioner Brad Peck and others from the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) office out of Spokane, WA. This meeting was held at Juniper Dunes so they could all see just what they are dealing with. This meeting was called FLAP (Federal Lands Access Program). Linda Clark, Border Field Manager for BLM said getting legal access to the Dunes is a top priority for the district. The Dunes are open; we just don’t have legal access.

Clay Graham (Yakima Kittitas Forest Watch) reported that the Naneum Ridge Committee was still meeting; their biggest issue seems to be the Elk. Clay reported on the Beverly Dunes Clean-up; pictures are posted on the Web site. Clay said they are going to change the date for the clean-up to fall and the next clean-up will be November 2nd, 2013.

Michelle King (NEPA Planner for the Naches Ranger District) talked about the Travel Management Plan, the Forest Plan Revision, flood repair, the Nelli Restoration project, and road closures. Michelle handed out paper work containing information on what the US Forest Service, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest is proposing to address on the flood damage within the 1700 and 1702 road systems; the comment period is now open. The documents are available on line at http://www.fs.usda.gov/projects/okaw...ement/projects or you can contact Michelle King at the Naches Ranger District. Comments need to be made if you want to see repairs happen instead of decommissioning of roads. The 3300 Road in the Taneum comment period is almost over; a decision may be made in the next couple of weeks. The 1501 Little Rattlesnake comes out next week with 2 alternatives; alternative A is to decommission the first 5 miles of this road. Alternative B is to repair and reopen the road. After this comes out in the newspaper you will have 30 days to make comments. Michelle said if you have questions that you need answers on before you write your comments please call her and ask for clarification before you write your letters. Even though we write letters encouraging repair etc, the ranger has the ultimate decision on what will happen.
Nelli Restoration project comments are accepted until May 30, 2013. The 1701 is starting logging operations so be sure to use caution when driving on them.

Firewood permits are being issued in Naches and CleElum. However no permits will be sold during lunch hour or after 4 PM. Permits are not needed for Morel Mushroom harvesting for personal use.

The Backcountry Horsemen of Washington are looking for help with funds to grade 3-1/2 miles of the Clover Springs Road, also known as the Forest Service 1600 Road. Discussion followed and was dropped for lack of interest.

The 620 Rattlesnake Work Party July 19th – 21st, 2013 on the 4-wheel drive trail to repair the road going into the campground needs to have a big turnout of at least 40 people per day; materials have been ordered. Some things that we will be doing: bridges need to be fixed, water bars need to be installed and in a wet section we are going to build a burrito to help harden up the area. This work party is for all users please contact Ron Rutherford (509-966-6305) if you can help. More info will be coming on where to camp. This may require a Discover Pass.

A tentative date for the next TWIG meeting is June 4, 2013 at the Naches Ranger Station.

Blue Ribbon is keeping us updated on the monuments in the Moab area; SEMA is watching things in Johnson Valley where the Marines want to take it over. You will be notified when letters are needed.

Moses Lake Sand Dunes – Ed Massey (Sand Commandos & Hurtin’ Units) reported there have been some changes out there and they no longer have dumpsters; also no drinking in the dunes. Ed reported that about 20 people came to the clean-up and half of them were driving Quads; Ed feels we need to do something to bring them into the fold.

Jim Sprick Park clean-up was a success and we got a lot of things accomplished. The Hobo Stew was delicious, thanks to Merrick Graves (High Country Cruisers) for his expertise manning the cook pot. A new person is in charge of the Chinook Betterment Association so we may see some changes in the park.

OLD BUSINESS

Pick Up A Mountain Co-Chairmen Pam Remley and Alicia Palachuk (Shindig Wheelers) still are looking for help. If you are interested in helping they need someone to help with cooking the corn; organizing vendor displays; helping sell raffle tickets; being in charge of the bon fire; and announcing door prize winners. We are having a contest to see who has the ugliest set of Christmas lights that are working; these will be put up in the Midway to help with night lighting. Please contact Pam or Alicia ASAP if you would like to help - Pam (509-658-2496) or Alicia (509-697-4178).

Merrick Graves (High Country Cruisers) stated a test case that went through the court involving an individual with a dual registered vehicle that had a license plate and an ORV tab. The person received a ticket for not having a Discover Pass, took it to court and he won. The state must recognize dual registered vehicles.

NEW BUSINESS
President Angie Marek asked the Region Directors to ask their Region delegates for some information on what they would like the PNW to work on this year. Number one –keep our trails open. Number two –expand membership to Side by Sides and Quads. Number three – change our non-profit status.

Discussion followed on our July meeting date. The meeting falls during Trail Jamboree and is scheduled to be in Moses Lake. After much discussion a motion was made by Ed Massey (Sand Commandos & Hurtin’ Units) seconded by Josh Wesselius (Ridgerunners) that we cancel the July meeting; motion passed. The secretary will send this information to Tri-Power, and put it on the Web Site letting everyone know that our July meeting has been canceled. The rotation of meeting places will remain the same.

The Liberty work party starts May 18th and goes through Memorial week-end. Bring coveralls and/or several changes of clothes because the soot from the fires will be on everything when we clear the trails.

CLUB REPORTS
No club reports tonight – out of time.

GOOD OF THE ORDER
The Shindig Wheelers are planning to be in the Selah Parade this weekend.
Char Massey (Sand Commandos & Hurtin’ Units) has a birthday May 19th - Happy Birthday Char.
Director Earl Nettnin (Desert Rats) thanked Michelle King for attending our meeting.

Next two meeting dates for Region 4 will be:
June 11, 2013 in Pasco, WA 7:30 PM at Doug Conner’s Shop
July 9, 2013 in Moses Lake has been canceled.
August 13, 2013 in Selah, WA 7:30 PM at Magic’s Pizza

FUTURE EVENTS
Liberty Work Party May 18-27, 2013 Dave McMains contact person
Trail Jamboree July 10 – 14, 2013 contact person Sid Hagemeier
Rattlesnake trail 620 work party July 19-21, 2013 contact person Ron Rutherford
Ahtanum Clean-up July 27, 2013 contact person Clay Graham

A motion was made by Ron Rutherford (Jeepin’ Nomads) seconded by Doug Conner (Roamin’ Chariots) to adjourn the meeting at 9 PM - motion passed.

Respectfully submitted,


Sande Nettnin (Desert Rats)
Secretary/Treasurer

NO JULY MEETING
__________________
Sande Nettnin
PNW4WDA Secretary
Region 4 Secretary/Treasurer
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.