Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Tool Bag > Swapmeet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swapmeet Buy/Sell

Old 09-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Friends

Default 1977 AMC/Jeep 401 Trade or Sell

1977 AMC/Jeep 401 engine for sale or trade.
This was a beginning build that was in storage for 15 years!

Performance cam & 4 pistons installed. They will need to be reinstalled as there is a little bit or surface oxidation that will need to be taken care of. Nothing major. I have all new internal parts in the box & gasket set. All stock manifolds and heads need to be hot tanked if you want to use them.

This block has not been bored over. Engine stand is included.

Make an offer if you're interested. Pictures emailed by request.
Thanks for looking!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Cherokee Master

PM sent, can email pics to goldhammer88@yahoo.com

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 09-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Cherokee Master

Thanks, but I'll pass. Just way more than I want to part with for basically a core engine that is being rebuilt without boring and the heads not done. To me it is only worth core value . I'd offer $150 for block, heads, crank, rods, front cover, dist. and gears, water pump. For most FSJer's these days that is pretty much top $ for a core not knowing condition of crank and bores. Have a new intake and carb on the shelf for my 360. Don't need the stand, or the flex plate.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Last edited by Art Waugh; 09-04-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Friends

This is a lot more than just a "core". Crank is balanced and installed, all cylinders are smooth and not bored over. Try and find one of those these days. + all external parts and all new internal parts in the box. Performance cam installed too...
Old 10-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Cherokee Master

Offer stands---you state rust (surface oxidation) needs to be dealt with, only 1/2 the pistons in, crank balanced (need to do the entire rotating assembly) performance cam, but if not a low end grunt version does not do me any good. If a light hone will not clean up and square the bores, then the pistons you have are worthless.

This sounds like you started a living room rebuild and gave up. If it goes in my rig, I will never have to pull it out again because it was a cheapie job that was tossed together to finish what someone else started. I will have to basically start from scratch, and that is why I call it a core. The price you want as quoted to me is pie in the sky, IMO, for what you have, and condition. That is more in the range of a slightly used rebuilt running engine.

If you decide to accept the offer, PM me and we can work out details.

Art

Last edited by Art Waugh; 10-09-2013 at 11:38 AM.