Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 04-01-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick Graves View Post
Another thought I had is that one of the boards I am on will send me a ROBO-generated (I hate Robo-generated anythings) email suggesting that the members of that board have not heard from me for a while. It goes on to suggest maybe I would like to join one of the many conversations. That board has more threads posted in an hour than this board has in a month (maybe 2 months).

Right now this board needs to something drastic to get folks to share their ideas and conversations.

Merrick, I believe you're a little light on you estimate. When some worth talking about is posted here, about 3 comments and it dies How does that get anything worked out?

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 04-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Cherokee Master

And less than a dozen of us are the majority of the posters. We get typed out pretty quick.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 04-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Merrick, I believe you're a little light on you estimate. When some worth talking about is posted here, about 3 comments and it dies How does that get anything worked out?
Something needs to be done to generate interest here. This board will serve no one until there are numerous threads no matter what the topic. If the Web Team continues to explore options we may stumble on to something that helps!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
And less than a dozen of us are the majority of the posters. We get typed out pretty quick.
Art, if I may quote Dave. I think you are a little lite on your estimate. I think the #'er is less than 1/2 what you speak of!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:13 AM

For my part, I'm a mite frustrated that there's no input here from the BOD, most of whom don't seem to get it when it come to electronic communication! I've said it in the past, and here it is again...This forum, and others like it can be one of the best tools we have. Info goes up, and can be seen and acted on almost instantly. Same with FaceBook. It's turned into a great source of info for me, and has allowed me to react to a number of issues in "real" time. It also allows me to spread info about as fast as I can type it to those of us who use it. As far as my perception of things, the word that come to mind for some of this is "xenophobia"...Now, let the old guard start commenting, if they even see this

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Cherokee Master

I was told years ago that the only way any national info was going to be put on here was in a read only format, well that has been done with the State Directors page, but still not there, It is sent to BOD members to distribute to their people as they see fit. Three threads in the past 24 months, and one of those was on the loss of Ms Cook.

State Directors are pretty good at putting out info as they get it for their areas, but that is as far as it goes, unless one of us peons trips across something and puts it up. I pretty much have gone to the "rely on myself" route to get any thing, unless my State Director puts it up here or it comes down via email, or I see it in the local fish wrapper

Yeah, the BOD needs to be more active and proactive on this thing and it has been told to them multiple times, and most won't get it or do it. But yet they want this Association to grow. Go figure. When I could no longer perform the duties of the position I had, I gave it up and handed it to someone else. We seem to have some on the BOD that like the status of the job and the perks, but really don't fulfill the entire duty spectrum.

More hate mail coming my way now........

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Last edited by Art Waugh; 04-02-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 AM

Yeah, Art, you're just a rabble rouser...

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 04-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Cherokee Master

Yep, the last two lines in my sig say it all....

Old 04-02-2014, 11:38 AM

Beware the wolf...I like it, but I don't think some of our local greenies would approve

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 04-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Cherokee Master

Greens like it, it is the ranchers I have to duck from, especially now that we have one on Mt. Hood and our old buddy OR-7 down in the SW, still looking for true love.

Last edited by Art Waugh; 04-02-2014 at 12:28 PM.