Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Washington Trails Green and Wet

Old 04-15-2014, 04:59 PM
Friends

Default Newbie - Brand new for wheeling

Hi All,

Its great to meet you all here. I joined this group yesterday to just get kick start my interest on off roading. I moved to USA couple of years back and i don't have my rig yet.

I love outdoors and adventures. for couple years now i have been trying to read, watch stuffs all about the off roads. now i am ready to jump into action but i don't know where to start with. I know the first basic need is to have a rig and start hitting the basic trails and i am in process of getting one.

while that is in progress i would like to get advice's, suggestion from you experienced guys, like meet and discuss more and watch some action.

I would love come meet, great, discuss, watch you guys in the trails and that would give me more clue of what interest i am developing about off roads and what kind of vehicle i need to start with. is there a calender or meet up you guys post and would like to invite me or let me know and i can come and participate as spectator?

i am pretty much handy and can work on trucks and would say i am comfortable in getting a stock rig and upgrade as needed. so seeking advice to get started on this

thanks.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Cherokee Master

Don't know the exact location you are at, but look at the region map in the club section on the front page of this site. Contact the Region Director for the meeting dates and locations. Drop by and get to know folks, pick their brains. If they get to know you a little, you will in all probability get invited to go on a run as a passenger. Let them know a little background and what you might be looking for and people here will bend over backward to help out.

Good Luck, and welcome to the forum.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Friends

Thanks Art,

I have some of the same interest. I'm not really looking to wheel or mud, but I've had to way out in the boonies and I would like practice in a controlled setting.

Since it wasn't my intention to wheel I went with a 2.5" lift and Duratrac 35's.

It would be nice to boogy with some other folks and see what this JK can do.

Hey Balu4k, I'm in Bellevue, maybe we could sync up and attend one of the meets, or just head down some trails and get muddy. If you're interested send me a PM.

Cheers