Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Annual Events > Trail Jamboree
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trail Jamboree locked and loaded

Old 02-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Friends

Default Trail Jamboree camping questions

Hi everyone,

My first post here, as I usually hang out with the NW FJ Cruiser Club (http://nwfjcc.com/) but a few of them highly recommend the Trail Jamboree that PNW4WD holds.

I am looking forward to attending, however I had some questions about camping at the event....

1) What kind of camping services are available? Is it a developed campground with electric & water or something more primitive with tent sites only?

2) If the sites at the Jamboree are tent-only, are there any RV campgrounds in the surrounding area?

I'm unfamiliar with the area the Jamboree is held at (which is sparking my interest even more), so I don't know if it is appropriate to bring my tent trailer or if I should just plan on the tent.

Thanks!

Jeff
2008 FJ Cruiser, modified for some great wheelin
Old 02-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Old Goat

The 2009 Trail Jamboree is being held at the Jim Sprick Park. Located alongside of Highway 410 betweem milepost 103 and 104.

The park is appox 20 acres with the Naches River running along the parks edge. There is tent camping available and allowed anywhere in the park, however we do offer a tent only area. Most folks bring Rv's. We offer no hookups, but potable water is available. We also have a pumping service come in on Friday morning offering to pump blackwater holding tanks.

We also bring in appox 12 "Sanicans". But a shortwalk to the midway area rewards you with "Flush" toliets and running water. For a handfull of quarters a shower is avaiable.

Fuel and Gorceries are available nearby. Pay showers and laundry is also available nearby. The brave can venture into the river at the park. The water can prove to be very cold, but many find it refreshing after a dusty day on the trail.

There are also commerical facility's offering Rv areas and camping as well as rooms nearby. But there are nightly drivers meetings with trail assignments in camp. We also have some other activity's in camp. So coming and going may cause you to miss something.

Signups begin at 12:01 am PST on 2/16/09. Just a couple of hours from now.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Tireless

There are no hookups. You need be self contained. There is service that comes and pumps out your RV's tanks. Showers and washrooms on site.

The last couple years I attended, there were lots of RVs. Some tenting.

Its basically camping in a field. This is a regional park, not a campground.

I highly recommend camping at the Jam site. You get so much more out of it than camping off site.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Old Goat

We do fill the park. You will come away with new friends. Everyone is freindly and there are scattered thruout the park Jamboree host. These folks will help out with many things including light mechanical service. You will find just about any tool and with all the like minded folks there is an abumdance of spare parts. With Yakima down the road you can get almost anything you can't find in camp.

Of a side note there is very limited cell phone service in camp. Coverage depends on your phone and provider. Pay phones are available nearby and cell service returns when you get to the ridge tops. We do have a phone onsite for emergencys. As well as the fire dept nearby.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Friends

Thanks for the info. I'll just plan on bringing the tent trailer and staying at the park.

I look forward to meeting everyone and a great time out on the trails!

Jeff
Old 02-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Dirt Napper....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indefatigable View Post
There are no hookups. You need be self contained. There is service that comes and pumps out your RV's tanks. Showers and washrooms on site.

The last couple years I attended, there were lots of RVs. Some tenting.

Its basically camping in a field. This is a regional park, not a campground.

I highly recommend camping at the Jam site. You get so much more out of it than camping off site.
Heehee, like putting on a buddy's brand new bumper on his Xterra by way of headlights!!!
I,too, highly recommend camping at the 'Jam.....
Old 02-19-2009, 09:51 AM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll just plan on bringing the tent trailer and staying at the park.

I look forward to meeting everyone and a great time out on the trails!

Jeff
Look forward to meeting you also..

Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin