Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 03-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Friends

Default New guy saying Hi!

Well as the moniker says, I’m brian, I grew up here in the couv and recently moved back from Utah in the last 5 months or so. I spent the last 12 years wheeling in Alaska and Utah and hope now that I’m wiser and older, well older anyway to see what I missed the first go around here.

A little about me. I joined the Air Force in 96' and played a cop the entire time both military side and civilian side. I retired early for disability in Dec 07' and went into business with a friend of mine. After it failed, well here I am lol.

I’ve been around vehicles my whole life and have played hard with some of the greatest guys in the industry from Alaska Extreme, Cruiser Outfitters, 4WP, Rocklogic, Ben Hanks, etc. I’ve been all around from Moab to the Rubicon to JV to Disney, OK.

I love this sport and love what it does for families getting out. I completely support all of the tread lightly orgs and hope to help this one too.

Maybe some about my current rig. I’m running 2 and looking for a third. My 99' TJ is still in Utah and will be up here sometime this summer. It’s running a 4.5l 5sp with a tera low case, woods shafts, super30/44 4.88's Detroit/ARB with truly custom 3 link front and triangulated rear on 37's. Warn XD8i synthetic rope, OBA, blah blah blah . Other is my DD it’s a 00' expedition with a lightning 5.4 on 35's, its more of the Jeep support vehicle than anything.

Currently in the works are a Dodge CAD 60 with the CAD housing removed and a 14b FF for the TJ and the same axles uncut for the Expedition on an SAS setup.

I have a well equipped shop here and would be more than happy to share space if someone needs a shop day, only thing I’m missing is my lift (too heavy to move this last trip) and my plasma that has a burned pump. If you can’t find the right tool look harder lol.

I’m by no means new to the sport or to fabricating so if you’re in need of some help whether it be a tool monkey or someone to do some cutting and welding let me know.

Brian
And what’s a thread without pics

Last rig:

Before that one:

Before that, also if you search badcop drop on youtube you'll see this ones funeral:

And currently:

Last edited by Brian; 03-01-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:54 PM
BOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Before that, also if you search badcop drop on youtube you'll see this ones funeral:
Wow, that was quick!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Resident Ankle Biter

Default Welcome!

Hi Brian,

Welcome back to the 'couv'.

Great pics - Nice rigs - 4 jeeps -- WOW, we like your style... :super:

If you're looking for some folks to hang out with - we're a motorsports club here in SW Washington. We enjoy primarily 4-wheelin' but we also enjoy off-road racing, riding ATV's and Snowmobiling.

We have members all over SW Washington and NW Oregon. We have tons of club events including alot of work parties as we work toward getting 4x4 trails open in the Yacolt Burn forest area as well as regular trips to mountains, the forest and the beach.

Yesterday we had a mud bog on the calendar of events and today we worked on one of our forest restoration projects in the Yacolt Burn - we had a huge turnout of volunteers so the project only took a few hours - and we've been out in the shop for the rest of the day building a new rig for one of the members.

To learn more about us please go to: www.pistonswild.com
You can also use the "forum" link to get up to the minute information about club activities including work parties, club runs and wrench days...

We have regular "club wrench days" where we get together, have a bar-b-que and everyone helps work on each others rigs. We have mostly Jeeps in the club, but we also have a few FJ40 Landcruisers, a custom Chevy S10 Blazer and a custom Bronco II.

Some of us have off-road race trucks which we use to compete in the Pacific Northwest 4-Wheel Drive Association race circuit and we also do a little Sand Drag racing - and enjoy trips to Sand Lake and Florence too.

Thanks for checking in on the the PNW website and we hope to see you soon on the trails.

Here's the easy button "funeral" link for our internet newbies:
Piston's Wild Motorsports
www.pistonswild.com
PNW4WDA Member for 25 Years
(360) 606-1648

"SARCASM - because beating the crap out of people is illegal."

Last edited by PistonsChick; 03-02-2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-02-2009, 03:34 PM
mtn4wheeler

Welcome back to Vancouver Brian. Its been a long time, close to 12 years or so since high school. I look foward to showing you around and seeing you out on the trails.
If you are interested our club meets the third Wednesday of each month at Smokeys Pizza in Orchards at 7pm.
1946 CJ-2A trail Jeep
1946 CJ-2A race Jeep
1976 CJ-5 Hunting Jeep/ Daily driver
Comp #3500
Vancouver 4 Wheelers Vice President and Treasurer
Region 3 Competition Chairman

www.vancouver4wheelers.net
Old 03-02-2009, 03:49 PM
ForestWatchVP.org

Welcome.

Nice video but sad to see carnage on such a nice looking XJ.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty tilford View Post
Welcome back to Vancouver Brian. Its been a long time, close to 12 years or so since high school. I look foward to showing you around and seeing you out on the trails.
If you are interested our club meets the third Wednesday of each month at Smokeys Pizza in Orchards at 7pm.

Pending new work schedule, you'll see me.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Speedy Gonzales

Hi Brian, welcome and keep on rockn and rolln!!!