Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Annual Events > Trail Jamboree
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trail Jamboree locked and loaded

Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Old Goat

Default Thank You 2009 Trail Jamboree

Well, Kim and I have been home a couple of days now. We have most things put away. Last nite I washed the YJ. Things are starting to return to normal.

I would like to "Thank" everyone who helped out with this years event. The amount of support is fantastic. I always worry about how things are going to be. Right up to the event's start. Then everything falls in place and off we go.

I thought this year's event went well. The weather was just about perfect. The trails were in good shape. Just the right amount of water on the trails. And not much fell from the skys. Maybe to many bugs trailside but not in camp. The crowd of particapants was well behaved. This years doorprizes was a little tight compared to years past.

We did manage to raise $2760 for the Nile Fire Dept. Also we raised more than $1100 for the Quilt Raffle with proceeds going to the John Williams Family. At Sunday Breakfast Tom Tice donated his 50/50 winnings to the Alan Carter Family. The breakfast donations were over $1200.

Tech was a little tense. Deputy Sheriff Steve Sutliff came in and advised/scared some folks as to the legal exposure of running the roads in their rigs. I did not hear of any negitive encounters involving that legal exposure on the road.

We did have the Wandering Willys chased out of Rimrock when a forest fire flared in front of them. They were not in any danger but did hightail it out of there. They were back in camp before 4:30pm making that run one of the quickest of running Rimrock for years.

All in all a good event.

Again I would like to "Thank" all involved with this years event. However I would also like to "Thank" everyone who supported Kim and Myself thru the years we Chaired and Co-chaired the event. It's been a good time for a number of years. Kim and I are handing the event over to a new management team. It's time for a change. We want to see the event get better perhaps grow. Kim and I love this event and will be involved as there are a couple of things we could never do that we can get to now. These things will help the event grow.

We love the Trail Jamboree. We love it so much we shared our wedding vows at the event on stage. My anniversary will always be Saturday nite at the Jamboree.We love the area it is held in so much we have purchased a home nearby and plan to settle there in a couple of years or so. It's just so good to sit on our porch and watch the mountains move the way they do. Listen to the river in the distance as well as the wind rushing thru the Aspen tree's leaves. Then nite falls with all those stars you can't see when in the city. We love that Valley.

"THANKS EVERYBODY" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Washington State Director

Merrick and Kim, Big thanks to you for your years of dedication to this event and the PNW4WDA as well.Hopefully now you will be able to get out on the trails during jamboree besides the prerun workpartys
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 07-16-2009, 04:06 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick Graves View Post
Kim and I are handing the event over to a new management team. It's time for a change. We want to see the event get better perhaps grow.
So who is the new team? What is the plan?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
So who is the new team? What is the plan?
As of yet no one has been confirmed to the position. I will continue the chair until then. Maybe at the Fall delegate's meeting there will be a confirmation.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Dirt Napper....

Merrick and Kim....Thank you for your years of work, and I loko forward to maybe runnin' with ya in future Jams!!! We at home wish the very best for you and Kim!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Forum Leader

Merrick and Kim,

Thank You for the years of service doing the Trail Jamboree and other such stuff for the PNW. Hope your new job with the Rangers work out really well.

Kat

PNW4WDA Reigon 1 member
Reiter Trail Watch Treasurer
Old 07-17-2009, 08:51 AM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK kat View Post
Merrick and Kim,

Thank You for the years of service doing the Trail Jamboree and other such stuff for the PNW. Hope your new job with the Rangers work out really well.

Kat
Did he get a paid position with the Cle Elum District ORV?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Did he get a paid position with the Cle Elum District ORV?
Yes, I did. I'm an ORV Ranger.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:22 AM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick Graves View Post
Yes, I did. I'm an ORV Ranger.
Congrats...looks like a fun job. I recently saw your mug on the cle elum trails page. Wondered about that.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:46 PM

A big thanks to Merrick and Kim and everyone else that attended the trail jamboree! Words can't describe it! The Carter family appreciates what each and every one of you has contributed to getting my dad back out on the trails someday. From visits to letters to donations and everything in between. I've never been one to ask "what has the PNW done for me?" The PNW may as well be family! You all rock!

Thanks
Mitch